Rep. Murphy rips vaccine passports, accuses Dems of wanting ‘police state’
March 30, 2021 3:24 pm
Tags: Civil Liberties, Democrats, Featured, Greg Murphy, Nation, Politics, sara carter podcast, Vaccine Passports
Categories: Civil Liberties Democrats Featured Greg Murphy JoshWho News Nation Politics sara carter podcast Saraa Carter Vaccine Passports
North Carolina Rep. Greg Murphy (R) slammed the emerging concept of COVID-19 “vaccine passports” as a civil liberties issue, and accused Democrats of wanting a police state.
Appearing on Tuesday’s episode of “The Sara Carter Show” podcast, the congressman joined the growing chorus of conservatives in opposing such measures—whether or not these are government- or business-enforced.
“As far as these passports go, it is something of civil liberties,” said Murphy, who is also a urologist. “You know, when I see patients, the first thing I asked him, ‘If you had the vaccine, you’re going to get the vaccine.’ And that’s what it needs to be. […] I don’t ask people if they’ve had the flu vaccine, or if you’ve had this other vaccine, I don’t ask them what their cholesterol is. If they’re just in a public setting, I don’t think that’s good.”
“We’re turning into a police state, if that is the case, which is honestly what the Democrats want. They want a police state,” he continued. “But I don’t think that’s going to hold water in the free states in the United States.”
Host Sara Carter agreed with Murphy’s thoughts on the matter, and soon the conversation turned toward voter ID laws.
“Well, it’s funny, Sara—think about this: the Democrats don’t want voter ID, right? They don’t want you to be able to show who you are, when you come up to vote. You have to have it for all the other things. You have to get it to get food stamps, you have to get it to apply for credit. You have to use ID for everything,” Murphy argued.
“But now they do want an ID to show that you’ve had a vaccination. So […] where’s the logic in that?” he said. “So let’s just turn that back on themselves and say, ‘Look, this is there’s a reason for voter ID.’ But I don’t believe that we should ever get into the avenues of passports and everything else.”
You can follow Douglas Braff on Twitter @DouglasPBraff.
- Could Biden Nominate Anti-Gun Activist David Chipman As “Gun Czar”? September 16, 2021
- COVID Hysteria Could Destroy A Generation September 16, 2021
- The Illusion Of Getting Rich While Producing Nothing September 16, 2021
- Report: John Durham Will Seek Indictment of Democratic Lawyer for Allegedly Lying to the F.B.I. During ‘Russian Collusion’ Investigation September 16, 2021
- Watch: Joe Biden Forgets Who He’s Talking To — Calls Australian PM ‘That Fella Down Under’ September 16, 2021
- Major UK Fertilizer Plants Shuttered Due To Skyrocketing Natural Gas Prices September 16, 2021
- Canada’s Conservatives Are Using Soaring Inflation To Help Defeat Trudeau September 15, 2021
- Mary Trump: Donald’s Entire Cabinet in ‘Dereliction of Its Duty’ for Not Invoking 25th Amendment September 15, 2021
- Bonds & Dollar Dump; Crypto Jumps As Debt-Ceiling Doubts Build September 15, 2021
- European Gas Prices Continue Parabolic Rise As EU Debates Nord Stream 2 Certification September 15, 2021
- Larry Elder, ‘Gracious in Defeat’: ‘We May Have Lost the Battle, but We Are Going to Win the War’ September 15, 2021
- Over Two-Thirds Of Businesses Worldwide Report Hiring Difficulties September 15, 2021
- WATCH – Gavin Newsom After Recall Victory: ‘We Said Yes to Science, We Said Yes to Vaccines’ September 15, 2021
- Gavin Newsom to Remain in Office; Democrats Want to Limit Future Recalls September 14, 2021
- Nikki Minaj Sparks MSM Meltdown After Suggesting Americans Think For Themselves About Vaccines September 14, 2021
- Nolte: Elites Violate Mask Mandate at Grotesque Met Gala September 14, 2021
- Biden, Newsom Continue Democrat Tradition of Blaming Climate Change for Wildfires September 14, 2021
- FBI Fires Lead Agent In Whitmer Kidnapping Case September 14, 2021
- Amnesty Alert: Bill ‘Blows Away All Numerical Limits’ on Employer-Based Green Cards — for an Entire Decade September 14, 2021
- A Father Speaks About the Death of his 16yr old son Ernest Ramirez Jr. after he received the COVID19 Vaccine September 13, 2021
- 1,659,674 hits