Report: Caitlyn Jenner explores run for California governor as Newsom faces recall
April 7, 2021 1:28 pm
Tags: Caitlyn Jenner, California, Featured, Gavin Newsom, governor, lgbtq, Politics, Republican, Transgender
Categories: Caitlyn Jenner California Featured Gavin Newsom governor JoshWho News lgbtq Politics Republican Saraa Carter Transgender
Former U.S. Olympic athlete and “Keeping Up With The Kardashians” star Caitlyn Jenner is considering running for governor of California as Gov. Gavin Newsom faces a recall election, Axios has reported.
Jenner, a vocal Republican and previous Trump supporter, is said to be “actively exploring” a run for governor of California, three sources close to the situation told Axios.
Jenner has been consulting with longtime GOP fundraiser, Caroline Wren, about her candidacy – whom Jenner met through her work with the American Unity Fund, a GOP nonprofit focused on LGBT issues.
The former Olympic gold medalist came out as a transgender woman in 2015 and has since been a vocal advocate for the LBGTQ community and transgender rights.
According to The Out for America 2020 report from the LGBTQ Victory Institute, an organization that follows and advocates for LGBTQ+ American political candidates, there was a 21% increase in the number of out LGBTQ+ elected officials in the United States in 2020. 5% of those were transgender.
79.7% of LGBTQ elected officials ran as Democrats, 2.7% ran as Republicans, 2.3% ran as Independents and 15% ran as “other,” according to the Out for America demographics.
Over 50 openly transgender candidates ran for office in 2020, however, about half lost the primary races or dropped out.
In the 2020 general election, voters elected six transgender candidates to state office.
Only 0.009% of elected officials in the U.S. are transgender.
Follow Annaliese Levy on Twitter @AnnalieseLevy
- Goldman Applies For Blockchain And DeFi ETF July 26, 2021
- Cascade Of Consequences July 26, 2021
- Tesla Q2 Earnings: China Remains Key, Questions Loom About Bitcoin, Batteries, Bailouts And The FSD Bait And Switch July 26, 2021
- World’s Food Supplies In Jeopardy Amid Climate Disasters July 26, 2021
- Gov. Abbott: Biden Admin’s Plan Is Catch and Release — Texas Plan Is Catch and Jail July 25, 2021
- Rubio Rips Biden Hypocrisy on Border, Cuba; Asks Where Forceful Don’t Come Message Was in Early Days of Presidency July 25, 2021
- Typhoon In-Fa Hits China’s East Coast, Forcing Container Ports To Close July 25, 2021
- Ninth Circuit: Gavin Newsom’s California Violated Private School Parents’ Rights with Shutdown July 25, 2021
- Previewing The Next Crisis: Spending Tumbles Among Households Cut Off From Unemployment Benefits July 25, 2021
- Maine Becomes First State To Charge Firms That Don’t Use Eco-Friendly Packaging Materials July 25, 2021
- Little Girl Seen in viral Video Getting Nipple Pinched by Joe Biden CONFIRMS Joe Did Pinch her nipple in front of the whole world July 25, 2021
- America Is Only One Step Away From A South African-Style Social Implosion July 24, 2021
- China Unveils World’s Fastest Maglev Bullet Train July 24, 2021
- Pinkerton: NYT Compares Biden’s Promised ‘Green Jobs’ to ‘Grueling’ Low-Wage Amazon and Uber Gigs July 24, 2021
- NFL to Fine Unvaccinated Players for Covid Protocol Violations July 24, 2021
- Colorado Monitoring Literal Plague Activity In At Least 6 Counties After Child Dies July 24, 2021
- Poll: Majority of Unvaccinated Indicate They Will Not Get the Jab July 24, 2021
- Live Trump Rally Today! Phoenix Arizona Watch Here July 24, 2021
- JPM Top Exec Mary Erdoes: “There’s A Reason” Junior Bankers Must Work 72 Hour Weeks July 24, 2021
- New Evidence shows COVID-19 was Deliberately Released by the Chinese Military July 24, 2021
- 1,652,686 hits