REPORT: The NBA Is Aiming For Games To Return In ‘Late July/Early August’
May 28, 2020 6:53 am
Tags: Coronavirus, DC Exclusives - Opinion, Disney, Editorial, National Basketball Association, Smoke Room, Smoke Room Cross Post, Video
Categories: Coronavirus DC Exclusives - Opinion Disney Editorial National Basketball Association Smoke Room Smoke Room Cross Post The Daily Caller Video
The NBA is reportedly still a couple of months away from games returning.
The league has been hammering out a deal with Disney to have games in Orlando, and Shams Charania reported Wednesday afternoon games are likely to return in “late July/early August.” (RELATED: David Hookstead Is The True King In The North When It Comes To College Football)
Under the current plan, training camps would be held in local markets before moving to Orlando for games during the coronavirus pandemic.
Sources: The NBA is working on multi-phase medical/safety protocols toward restart of play. Current projections have in-market training camps in July, then camps/scrimmages in Orlando, then resume play late July/early August.
— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) May 27, 2020
However, not all players are super pumped about heading to Disney. According to Sam Amick, there is “grumbling from agents about the potential for huge disparity in hotel quality” down in Orlando.
As @TheSteinLine noted, it appears there is some concern about accommodations for all 30 teams at Walt Disney World. I’ve heard some grumbling from agents about the potential for huge disparity in hotel quality https://t.co/mSJECnhJHB
— Sam Amick (@sam_amick) May 27, 2020
There are two major points to be made. First and foremost, returning by late July is probably too late for the NBA to be in a good position.
By that time, they’re going to end up competing with the NFL and college football for eyeballs starting in September.
That’s going to be a disaster. The NBA simply can’t compete with football and expect people to watch. It’s just not going to happen.
Secondly, the fact NBA players are reportedly complaining about accommodations in Orlando is laugh-out-loud funny.
I could sleep in a shack for an NBA salary and still be satisfied. Tens of millions of people are out of work and NBA players are worried about if their hotels are nice enough.
If that’s not the definition of being tone-deaf, then I don’t know what is.
We’ll see what happens, but I wouldn’t say things are looking great for the NBA right now.
- Jan. 6th 2020 was 100% Staged. Meet FBI Informant Ray Epps The Fed-Protected Provocateur Who Appears To Have Led The Very First 1/6 Attack On The U.S. Capitol October 26, 2021
- FDA Panel Votes In Favor Of Pfizer Covid-19 Vaccine For Children Aged 5 – 11 October 26, 2021
- Democrats Stalking $5 Trillion In Billionaire Wealth For Tax Extraction October 26, 2021
- The Lost ‘Lockdown’ Months Of The COVID Crisis October 26, 2021
- Striking Workers Decry “Suicide Shifts” As Pandemic Burnout Takes Toll October 25, 2021
- Bidenflation Stole Christmas: Consumer Prices Up, Retail Spending Plans Not October 25, 2021
- EXCLUSIVE-Kevin McCarthy: Facebook Employees’ Leftist Narratives ‘Threatened’ by Breitbart Reporting October 25, 2021
- Thousands of NYC Workers March Across Brooklyn Bridge Protesting Vaccine Mandates: ‘F*ck Joe Biden!’ October 25, 2021
- Musk Tweets “Wild $T1mes!” After TSLA Joins ‘Four Commas’ Club October 25, 2021
- Musk Tops $250 Billion Net Worth After TSLA Rockets Past FB As 5th Biggest US Stock October 25, 2021
- Goldman Cut’s China’s 2022 GDP To Just 5.2% October 24, 2021
- ADL Warns: Avoid Culturally Insensitive, Gender-conforming Halloween Costumes October 24, 2021
- New Zealand Prime Minister Admits She Wants to Create Two Classes of Citizens Based on Vaccination Status October 24, 2021
- ‘The Richest He’s Ever Been’: Trump Set To Gain Billions In Net Worth On Moonshot SPAC October 24, 2021
- Washington Post ‘Forced to Admit They Lied’ After Pretending ‘F*ck Joe Biden’ Chant Was ‘Let’s Go, Brandon’ October 24, 2021
- Citigroup Becomes First Wall Street Megabank To Commit To “Racial Audit” October 24, 2021
- Gordon Chang: Joe Biden’s Taiwan Policy Is Now A Total Disaster October 23, 2021
- Pinkerton: Bidenflation Meets Bidenunemployment October 23, 2021
- President Biden Delays Release of JFK Assassination Records, Blaming Pandemic October 23, 2021
- CDC Director Admits “We May Need To Update Our Definition Of ‘Fully Vaccinated'” October 23, 2021
- 1,663,697 hits