Reports: Missile strikes hit Syrian opposition-held oil markets
Ballistic missile strikes have hit oil tankers and markets across northern Syria on Friday, according to reports.
At the time of publication, reports are indicating that strikes were carried out by either Russian or Syrian government forces, specifically against oil markets controlled by opposition forces in northern Syria. Moreover, the reports are conflicting about whether the missiles were the Syrian Army’s OTR-21 Tochka-U or the Russian’s Iskander.
The strikes killed one person and injured 10 others, a war monitor and a source from the Turkey-backed faction that controls the region told The Jerusalem Post.
One strike reportedly hit oil tankers in al-Hamran, which is near Jarablus and northwest of the northern Syria town of Manbij, resulting in a massive explosion.
The exact location of theses strikes was determined as the al-Hamran crossing between the TFSA (Turkish-backed Free Syrian Army) and SDF-controlled (Syrian Democratic Forces) areas, according to a report. The supposed target were reportedly trucks smuggling oil.
Three missiles hit the al-Hamran crossing, according to Syrian journalist Mohamed Rasheed, “causing huge explosions and burning fuel vehicles at the targeted place.”
It has also been reported that a subsequent strike hit an oil market in the TFSA-held town of Tarhin, which is north of al-Bab. Reporting thus far has indicated that two missiles were launched from the major city of Aleppo.
You can follow Douglas Braff on Twitter @Douglas_P_Braff.
- Cascade Of Consequences July 26, 2021
- Tesla Q2 Earnings: China Remains Key, Questions Loom About Bitcoin, Batteries, Bailouts And The FSD Bait And Switch July 26, 2021
- World’s Food Supplies In Jeopardy Amid Climate Disasters July 26, 2021
- Gov. Abbott: Biden Admin’s Plan Is Catch and Release — Texas Plan Is Catch and Jail July 25, 2021
- Rubio Rips Biden Hypocrisy on Border, Cuba; Asks Where Forceful Don’t Come Message Was in Early Days of Presidency July 25, 2021
- Typhoon In-Fa Hits China’s East Coast, Forcing Container Ports To Close July 25, 2021
- Ninth Circuit: Gavin Newsom’s California Violated Private School Parents’ Rights with Shutdown July 25, 2021
- Previewing The Next Crisis: Spending Tumbles Among Households Cut Off From Unemployment Benefits July 25, 2021
- Maine Becomes First State To Charge Firms That Don’t Use Eco-Friendly Packaging Materials July 25, 2021
- Little Girl Seen in viral Video Getting Nipple Pinched by Joe Biden CONFIRMS Joe Did Pinch her nipple in front of the whole world July 25, 2021
- America Is Only One Step Away From A South African-Style Social Implosion July 24, 2021
- China Unveils World’s Fastest Maglev Bullet Train July 24, 2021
- Pinkerton: NYT Compares Biden’s Promised ‘Green Jobs’ to ‘Grueling’ Low-Wage Amazon and Uber Gigs July 24, 2021
- NFL to Fine Unvaccinated Players for Covid Protocol Violations July 24, 2021
- Colorado Monitoring Literal Plague Activity In At Least 6 Counties After Child Dies July 24, 2021
- Poll: Majority of Unvaccinated Indicate They Will Not Get the Jab July 24, 2021
- Live Trump Rally Today! Phoenix Arizona Watch Here July 24, 2021
- JPM Top Exec Mary Erdoes: “There’s A Reason” Junior Bankers Must Work 72 Hour Weeks July 24, 2021
- New Evidence shows COVID-19 was Deliberately Released by the Chinese Military July 24, 2021
- Bovard: The Coming “January 6” Train Wreck July 23, 2021
- 1,652,677 hits