Republican lawmakers invite Committee Democrats to join border trip
March 24, 2021 11:11 am
Tags: biden administration, Border Crisis, Democrats, Featured, immigration, Jim Jordan, migrant detention facility, Republicans, Southern Border, Tom McClintock
Categories: biden administration Border Crisis Democrats Featured immigration Jim Jordan JoshWho News migrant detention facility Republicans Saraa Carter Southern Border Tom McClintock
Rep. Jim Jordan (R-OH) and Rep. Tom McClintock (R-CA) announced Wednesday that the Committee Republicans intend to travel to the southern border to hear directly from individuals affected by the border crisis.
In a letter to Chairman Jerry Nadler, the Republican Representatives asked the Committee Democrats to join them on the trip to the border.
“The Judiciary Committee—the committee with jurisdiction over our nation’s immigration laws and programs—cannot ignore this crisis. Because Democrats refuse to act, we write to notify you that Committee Republicans intend to travel to the southern border in the coming weeks,” Jordan and McClintock wrote.
“Because you refuse to convene a hearing to address this crisis—or, in fact, convene any full committee hearing—Republican Members are compelled to take matters into our own hands. We will therefore plan to use Committee funds to
travel to the southern border to observe firsthand what Democrats refuse to acknowledge and hear directly from those affected by the Biden border crisis. We welcome any Democrat colleagues on the Committee to join us.”
“The Biden border crisis is real and unfortunately getting worse. The Committee cannot continue to sit idly by and allow our nation’s borders to be erased. This crisis demands the Committee’s attention. The American people deserve far better than for Committee Democrats to ignore this threat to our national security, condone the worsening humanitarian crisis, and allow the Biden Administration to radically rewrite our immigration policies,” the letter concluded.
This letter comes one day after Sara A. Carter released shocking information from a Border Patrol whistleblower exposing “inhumane” conditions inside Texas migrant facilities.
Lawmakers are calling for immediate action from the Biden administration to alleviate the severe overcrowding and unsafe conditions of the migrants facilities.
Nadler’s team didn’t immediately respond to this reporter’s request for comment.
Follow Annaliese Levy on Twitter @AnnalieseLevy
- When The Levee Breaks… September 20, 2021
- If Only We Could Find A Cure For Trump Derangement Syndrome September 19, 2021
- The Fed Has Liquidated Its Entire Corporate Bond Portfolio September 19, 2021
- Report: Secondary Schools in Afghanistan Open Without Female Students or Teachers September 19, 2021
- U.S., Mexico Begin Removal Flights for Haitian Migrants September 19, 2021
- Report: Beto O’Rourke Eyes Political Comeback in Texas Gubernatorial Race September 19, 2021
- Rickards: No Recovery Until 2045? September 19, 2021
- Kadish: Is It Puppeteers Or Puppets In Control In Washington? September 18, 2021
- Hospital Staff That Decline COVID Vaccine For Religious Reasons Must Attest To Also Swearing Off Tylenol, Tums, & Other Common Meds September 18, 2021
- ‘Justice for J6’: Protesters Call for Due Process for Capitol Attack Detainees September 18, 2021
- Mexican State Cops Stop Buses with Caribbean Migrants Headed for Border, They Kept Walking September 18, 2021
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Venezuelan, Colombian Migrants Cross Border Upstream from Del Rio Migrant Camp September 18, 2021
- Could Biden Nominate Anti-Gun Activist David Chipman As “Gun Czar”? September 16, 2021
- COVID Hysteria Could Destroy A Generation September 16, 2021
- The Illusion Of Getting Rich While Producing Nothing September 16, 2021
- Report: John Durham Will Seek Indictment of Democratic Lawyer for Allegedly Lying to the F.B.I. During ‘Russian Collusion’ Investigation September 16, 2021
- Watch: Joe Biden Forgets Who He’s Talking To — Calls Australian PM ‘That Fella Down Under’ September 16, 2021
- Major UK Fertilizer Plants Shuttered Due To Skyrocketing Natural Gas Prices September 16, 2021
- Canada’s Conservatives Are Using Soaring Inflation To Help Defeat Trudeau September 15, 2021
- Mary Trump: Donald’s Entire Cabinet in ‘Dereliction of Its Duty’ for Not Invoking 25th Amendment September 15, 2021
- 1,659,904 hits