Ronna McDaniel alleges backdating of Michigan ballots
November 6, 2020 5:12 pm
Tags: 2020, 2020 campaign, 2020 Election, 2020 Elections, Detroit, Donald Trump, Election 2020, Election2020, Elections, Featured, Joe Biden, Michigan, Nation, Politics, polling stations, Ronna McDaniel, vote counting, voter fraud
Categories: 2020 2020 campaign 2020 Election 2020 Elections Detroit Donald Trump Election 2020 Election2020 Elections Featured Joe Biden JoshWho News Michigan Nation Politics polling stations Ronna McDaniel Saraa Carter vote counting voter fraud
November 6, 2020
Ronna McDaniel, the chairwoman of the Republican National Committee, made various allegations of election irregularities and misconduct in Michigan at a Friday afternoon press conference. Among the allegations she made, one of the biggest ones was that election workers in Detroit backdated ballots to make it appear that they were received after Election Day.
Former Vice President Joe Biden currently holds a 146,600-vote lead over President Donald Trump in the state, Politico reports.
McDaniel’s claimed that a whistleblower said that some of the workers at the TCF Center in Detroit were instructed by a former director of state elections, Chris Thomas, to “backdate” absentee ballots. In Michigan, in order for a ballot to be considered valid, it had to be received by 8 p.m. on Election Day.
Thomas, however, fired back at her claim in a statement, The Detroit Free Press reports.
“In the heat of the moment responsible officials should avoid denigrating the election process without verifying their information,” he said.
“None of these ballots were received after 8 p.m. on election day. Most were received on Monday, November 2nd – the busiest day for the satellite offices,” Thomas also said.
According to Thomas, workers at voting sites in Detroit forget to input the date a ballot was received into the qualified voter file, which is Michigan’s election computer system. Additionally, Thomas said, the actual ballots were stamped with the date they were received, however, and that the issue was a clerical error.
“This issue was discussed with several Republican challengers,” he added. “Two challengers were provided demonstration of the QVF process and they chose not to file a challenge to the individual ballots.”
McDaniel at the conference also stated that these allegations have been referred to the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Eastern Michigan and that they warrant an investigation.
“It needs to be pursued, not just by Republicans but also by Democrats. Because if we are going to come out of this and say this was a fair and free election, what we are hearing from the city of Detroit is deeply troubling,” McDaniel said.
“So we are going to pursue this,” she added. “You know, the media, Joe Biden, have all said be patient. We should all be patient. But we should also be patient as we pursue these irregularities.”
McDaniel did not indicate whether or not the Republican Party would file a lawsuit in Michigan based on these allegations.
You can follow Douglas Braff on Twitter @Douglas_P_Braff.
- Watch Live: President Trump Hosts a Political Rally in Georgia September 25, 2021
- Mayorkas Tells Migrants How to Get Through Title 42 Border Barrier September 25, 2021
- A Nationally Televised Example Of The Chaos False Positive COVID Tests Create September 25, 2021
- Arizona Senate Report on the Maricopa County Election Audit Highlights 49,000 Questionable Votes, Asks AG to Investigate September 25, 2021
- “Immunity As A Service” – The Snake-Oil Salesmen & The COVID-Zero Con September 24, 2021
- Los Angeles Homeless Moving Back Onto Street After Cleanups September 24, 2021
- LIVE: Audit Report Released To AZ Senate in Phoenix, AZ 9/24/21 on JoshWho September 24, 2021
- DHS Secretary Alejandros Mayorkas Considers Eliminating Border Horse Patrol Citing ‘Systemic Racism’ September 24, 2021
- DHS Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas: We Did Not Test Haitian Migrants for Coronavirus Before Releasing Them into U.S. September 24, 2021
- Exclusive: Dan Crenshaw Says Some Democrats ‘Quietly’ Interested in Cutting Catch and Release for Illegal Aliens September 24, 2021
- Pentagon Belatedly Releases Name Of Misidentified “ISIS-K Target” Killed In Kabul Drone Strike September 24, 2021
- Chairman, CEO Of China’s HNA Group Arrested For “Suspected Crime” September 24, 2021
- The European Energy Crisis Is About To Go Global September 24, 2021
- Unbiased, Mobility-Enabling, Open, Global Network: How Crypto Enables Economic Freedom September 23, 2021
- Report: California Put Coronavirus-Infected Inmates, Including Illegal Aliens, into Communities September 23, 2021
- Gov. Newsom: Vaccine Mandate for Kids ‘on the Table’ September 23, 2021
- The Latest Coronavirus Death Tolls, According to the CDC September 23, 2021
- Submitting VAERS COVID Vaccine Death Reports became a Full Time Job and is Overwhelmingly Climbing in Deaths. September 23, 2021
- Molecular Biologist Speaks At Dawson Creek City Council Meeting. September 23, 2021
- Futures Rise On Taper, Evergrande Optimism September 23, 2021
- 1,660,383 hits