SEC Names Sarah Fuller Special Teams Player of the Week After Making One, 30-Yard Kickoff
December 1, 2020 9:44 pm
Tags: College football, NCAA, Politics, Sarah Fuller, SEC, Social Justice, Sports, Vanderbilt University
Categories: Breitbart News College football JoshWho News NCAA Politics Sarah Fuller SEC Social Justice Sports Vanderbilt University
With rumors of a publicity stunt by Vanderbilt University starring soccer player-turned-football kicker Sarah Fuller still swirling, the SEC named Fuller Special Teams Player of the Week along with Florida’s Kadarius Toney on Monday. This, after Fuller, had made one second-quarter kickoff during her first-ever college football game.
Fuller, who joined the Vanderbilt football team only three days before her Saturday debut against Missouri, “Took the opening kickoff of the second half against the Tigers, as her perfectly-executed kick sailed 30 yards and was downed at the Missouri 35-yard line,” according to the SEC. The Tigers went on to beat Vanderbilt 41-0.
Kadarius Toney, a wide receiver for the Gators since 2017, joined the team as a freshman. According to the SEC, during his game against Kentucky, “Toney returned a punt 50 yards for a touchdown which proved to be the decisive score in the game as Florida defeated Kentucky, 34-10, on Saturday.” Additionally, “Toney’s 50-yard punt return touchdown was the Gators’ first punt return touchdown since Freddie Swain’s 85-yarder for a touchdown against Colorado State on Sept. 15, 2018,” the SEC said.
Fuller created a buzz amongst critics after she revealed to reporters after the game that she had delivered a halftime locker-room speech to the team. “I had coaches come up to me and say ‘I’ve been wanting to say that for a while now,’” Fuller reportedly said of her own locker-room speech. Media reports later questioned how it was that a first-time football player was chosen to deliver such an awe-inspiring speech to her new team, and also before her first-ever play in a game.
“Keep in mind, Fuller hadn’t yet stepped foot on the field for her kickoff before giving this speech,” Joe Kinsey from Outkick wrote.
Kinsey also said:
If you were on the fence about whether Vanderbilt using soccer goalie Sarah Fuller as a fill-in kicker for Saturday’s game against Missouri was a publicity stunt or a necessity, you got your answer on Sunday when it was announced that Fuller had given a halftime speech to her new teammates.
As for this speech, you mean to tell me that a kicker who was pulled off the women’s soccer team and who started practicing with the football team on Tuesday was given the floor to lecture teammates on Saturday?
Other critics questioned Vanderbilt’s intentions after the locker-room speech story broke as well, but in a recent interview, Fuller took her critics in stride. “At this point, like, what are you doing? You know? I am a [Division 1] soccer player. I’m going to Vanderbilt University. I’m getting my degree from here. I’ve done amazing things,” she said.
Hear @sarahfuller_27 on the crazy reactions
-speaking to team at halftime
-how NEVER QUITTING led her to this historic moment for @vandyfootball @espnw @espncfb
Photo credits: Vanderbilt Athletics pic.twitter.com/njDDGodX1I
— Holly Rowe (@sportsiren) November 29, 2020
- How Much Of A Risk Is The Coming Debt Limit July 23, 2021
- Lost In Translation July 23, 2021
- Stop DDoS Attacks Fast in its Tracks for Free and Simple to install 2021 July 23, 2021
- Volkswagen CEO Says EV Margin Parity With ICE Vehicles Will Be Reached In “2 To 3 Years” July 23, 2021
- Two Men Shot, Wounded on Washington DC’s Busy 14th Street July 22, 2021
- Montana Attorney General Provides Legal Basis For Rejecting Critical Race Theory: Activists July 22, 2021
- Sen. Jim Risch on Biden’s Ecoterrorist Nominee: ‘This Attempted Murderer’ Should Be ‘Before a Jury’ July 22, 2021
- Report: Nancy Pelosi Mulls Adding Anti-Trump Adam Kinzinger to January 6 Committee July 22, 2021
- Peter Schiff: The Markets Are Afraid Of The Wrong Thing July 22, 2021
- Pennsylvania Decertifies County’s Voting System, Cites Violation Of Election Code July 22, 2021
- Right Hand Technology Group Ranked on Channel Futures MSP 501 – Tech Industry’s Most Prestigious List of Global Managed Service Providers July 22, 2021
- Pegasus Spyware Targeted French President Macron – “Extremely Serious” Breach Under Investigation July 22, 2021
- Fact Check: Joe Biden Spreads Misinformation About COVID-19 Vaccines at CNN Town Hall July 21, 2021
- Exclusive — Mike Pompeo: Biden Admin Has ‘Literally Done Nothing’ to Pressure China, Wuhan Lab ‘Still Open’ July 21, 2021
- Exclusive — Mike Pompeo: Read the Bible, Not 1619 Project July 21, 2021
- Record Droughts Plague Argentina As Parana River Hits 77-Year Low July 21, 2021
- Q2’s Stock-Bond Correlation Regime Has Collapsed As VIX Curve Anticipates J-Hole Turbulence July 21, 2021
- Pentagon Reportedly Tracking “Extremist” Web Searches Including “The Truth About Black Lives Matter” July 21, 2021
- “Hellish” Noise Complaints Lodged About £30,000 Per Week Luxury London Flat…Owned By The Vatican July 21, 2021
- Charles Hurt: Political Zealots Attempt to Destroy Legacy of the Civil Rights Movement July 20, 2021
- 1,652,230 hits