Sen. Tillis wins re-election in NC, Cunningham has conceded
November 10, 2020 4:09 pm
Tags: 2020 Election, Elections, Featured, Nation, North Carolina, Politics, Republicans, Thom Tillis, US Senate
Categories: 2020 Election Elections Featured JoshWho News Nation North Carolina Politics Republicans Saraa Carter Thom Tillis US Senate
November 10, 2020
Sen. Thom Tillis (R-N.C.) has won a close and brutal re-election fight, multiple outlets are reporting on Tuesday afternoon. His Democratic opponent, Cal Cunningham, has conceded the race to him.
According to Politico, Tillis received 48.7% of the vote compared to Cunningham’s 47% with roughly 100,000 votes separating the two.
Tillis’s re-election to the U.S. Senate boosts Republicans’ chances that they will maintain a majority of seats in the upper chamber in the new session of Congress starting in January.
That’s all to be decided by Georgia and Alaska.
As of right now, both of Georgia’s Senate races will see side-by-side runoff elections, where the margins between both incumbent Republicans and their Democratic challengers is very slim.
The outcome of both runoff elections will have a heavy bearing on what the political dynamic on Capitol Hill will look like for the next two years. There is also incumbent GOP Sen. Dan Sullivan’s race in Alaska that has yet to be called but is widely expected to go to Sullivan.
You can follow Douglas Braff on Twitter @Douglas_P_Braff.
- Report: ‘Fragile’ Democrats Face Dire 2022 Prospects October 18, 2021
- One Bank Reveals The Dismal Truth About The $150 Trillion Crusade Against Climate Change October 18, 2021
- State Department Inspector General Will Investigate President Biden’s Botched Afghanistan Pullout October 18, 2021
- Fraternal Uprising: College Students Reject ‘Surveillance State’ Coronavirus Restrictions October 18, 2021
- Colin Powell Died from COVID Booster Shot Complications at age 84— He Was Fully Vaccinated October 18, 2021
- Peter Schiff: Stock Up Now! Inflation Could Get Very Ugly October 18, 2021
- Investors Starting To Realize “Stagflation” Is A Problem October 18, 2021
- Beijing, Moscow, Ankara Push US Out Of Red Sea Dominance October 18, 2021
- WATCH– President Biden Violates Mask Mandate in D.C. October 17, 2021
- 40% Of California State Workers Are Unvaccinated Despite Newsom’s Order October 17, 2021
- Donald Trump Mocks Biden Corruption: ‘Hunter Has Inspired Me to Begin Painting’ October 17, 2021
- China Stuns U.S. Intelligence with Hypersonic Missile Test October 17, 2021
- Taibbi: Yes, Virginia, There Is A Deep State October 17, 2021
- Coal Generation In UK Jumps As Wind Speed Drops October 17, 2021
- David Hogg Rebuked Again, Youth Gun Sports Leagues See “Record-Setting” Participation October 16, 2021
- Report: Cori Bush Defends Defund Police Push While Spending $130,000 on Personal Security, Including Cops October 16, 2021
- Marlow: ‘A Semi-Responsible Media’ Would Constantly Press Buttigieg for any ‘Reasonable Explanation’ for Economic Problems October 16, 2021
- Poll: Joe Biden’s Job Approval Hits New Low at 36 Percent October 16, 2021
- International Space Station Briefly Destabilized After Accidental Russian Rocket Firing October 16, 2021
- Huge Dock Worker Protests In Italy, Fears Of Disruption, As Covid ‘Green Pass’ Takes Effect October 16, 2021
- 1,663,000 hits