Sen. Tillis wins re-election in NC, Cunningham has conceded
November 10, 2020 4:09 pm
Tags: 2020 Election, Elections, Featured, Nation, North Carolina, Politics, Republicans, Thom Tillis, US Senate
Categories: 2020 Election Elections Featured JoshWho News Nation North Carolina Politics Republicans Saraa Carter Thom Tillis US Senate
November 10, 2020
Sen. Thom Tillis (R-N.C.) has won a close and brutal re-election fight, multiple outlets are reporting on Tuesday afternoon. His Democratic opponent, Cal Cunningham, has conceded the race to him.
According to Politico, Tillis received 48.7% of the vote compared to Cunningham’s 47% with roughly 100,000 votes separating the two.
Tillis’s re-election to the U.S. Senate boosts Republicans’ chances that they will maintain a majority of seats in the upper chamber in the new session of Congress starting in January.
That’s all to be decided by Georgia and Alaska.
As of right now, both of Georgia’s Senate races will see side-by-side runoff elections, where the margins between both incumbent Republicans and their Democratic challengers is very slim.
The outcome of both runoff elections will have a heavy bearing on what the political dynamic on Capitol Hill will look like for the next two years. There is also incumbent GOP Sen. Dan Sullivan’s race in Alaska that has yet to be called but is widely expected to go to Sullivan.
You can follow Douglas Braff on Twitter @Douglas_P_Braff.
- International Space Station Briefly Destabilized After Accidental Russian Rocket Firing October 16, 2021
- Huge Dock Worker Protests In Italy, Fears Of Disruption, As Covid ‘Green Pass’ Takes Effect October 16, 2021
- Bovard: When Barack Obama Got Away With Murder October 15, 2021
- Rivera on Unvaccinated Kyrie Irving: ‘I Am Mad’ — ‘He’s Hurting Everybody’ October 15, 2021
- Joe Biden Wants Justice Department to Prosecute Trump Loyalists Defying Congressional Subpoenas October 15, 2021
- Flooding In West China Destroys Agricultural Production October 15, 2021
- Report: Hunter Biden Said Offer from Powerful Chinese Investor Had ‘Everything to Do with My Last Name’ October 15, 2021
- Bill Clinton Hospitalized For Infection That Spread To Bloodstream October 15, 2021
- Cryptos Surge On News SEC “Set To Allow” Bitcoin Futures ETF October 15, 2021
- Treasury Official Warns Using Stablecoins For Payments “Raises A Whole Set Of Issues” October 14, 2021
- Biden’s Court-packing Commission Blames Republicans for Polarization over Judiciary October 14, 2021
- Poll: Americans Are Increasingly Wary of Government Overreach Under Biden October 14, 2021
- Justice Breyer Calls SCOTUS ‘Fallible’ as Leftists Seek to Pack the Court October 14, 2021
- Putin: $100 Oil Is “Quite Possible” October 14, 2021
- The Great New Normal Purge October 13, 2021
- Trump: ‘Republicans Will Not Be Voting’ in Future Elections Unless 2020 Fraud Resolved October 13, 2021
- Charles Hurt: Sorry Republican Swamp Creatures, the Trump Train Rolls On October 13, 2021
- Joe Biden Blames Private Companies for Port Delays October 13, 2021
- Stellar Demand For 30Y Auction As Curve Comes Crashing Down October 13, 2021
- FDA Says No Need For Boosters As Moderna, J&J Plead Case October 13, 2021
- 1,662,660 hits