Senate Reschedules Neera Tanden Confirmation Vote
February 24, 2021 8:58 am
Tags: Joe Biden, Joe Manchin, Mitt Romney, Neera Tanden, Politics, Susan Collins
Categories: Breitbart News Joe Biden Joe Manchin JoshWho News Mitt Romney Neera Tanden Politics Susan Collins
The White House on Wednesday signaled support for Office of Management and Budget nominee Neera Tanden after her Senate confirmation vote was rescheduled.
“Neera Tanden is a leading policy expert who brings critical qualifications to the table during this time of unprecedented crisis,” White House press secretary Jen Psaki said on Twitter.
She also has important perspective and values, understanding firsthand the powerful difference policy can make in the lives of those going through hard times.
— Jen Psaki (@PressSec) February 24, 2021
The Senate Homeland Security Committee vote was scheduled for 10:00 a.m. EST Wednesday but was postponed early Wednesday morning. The decision may show that the White House does not have the votes to confirm Tanden in a close 50-50 split Senate.
Tanden has faced opposition from moderate Senators Mitt Romney (R-UT), Joe Manchin (D-WV), and Susan Collins (R-ME), citing her partisan history of activism and vitriol on social media against prominent political figures.
But the White House argued that Tanden still had support from special interest lobbyists.
“She has a broad spectrum of support, ranging from the U.S. Chamber of Commerce to labor unions, and has a strong record of working with both parties that we expect to grow in President Biden’s cabinet as the first South Asian woman to lead OMB,” Psaki said.
Tanden could withdraw her name from consideration for the job if the White House fails to find a Senate Republican willing to support her.
- International Space Station Briefly Destabilized After Accidental Russian Rocket Firing October 16, 2021
- Huge Dock Worker Protests In Italy, Fears Of Disruption, As Covid ‘Green Pass’ Takes Effect October 16, 2021
- Bovard: When Barack Obama Got Away With Murder October 15, 2021
- Rivera on Unvaccinated Kyrie Irving: ‘I Am Mad’ — ‘He’s Hurting Everybody’ October 15, 2021
- Joe Biden Wants Justice Department to Prosecute Trump Loyalists Defying Congressional Subpoenas October 15, 2021
- Flooding In West China Destroys Agricultural Production October 15, 2021
- Report: Hunter Biden Said Offer from Powerful Chinese Investor Had ‘Everything to Do with My Last Name’ October 15, 2021
- Bill Clinton Hospitalized For Infection That Spread To Bloodstream October 15, 2021
- Cryptos Surge On News SEC “Set To Allow” Bitcoin Futures ETF October 15, 2021
- Treasury Official Warns Using Stablecoins For Payments “Raises A Whole Set Of Issues” October 14, 2021
- Biden’s Court-packing Commission Blames Republicans for Polarization over Judiciary October 14, 2021
- Poll: Americans Are Increasingly Wary of Government Overreach Under Biden October 14, 2021
- Justice Breyer Calls SCOTUS ‘Fallible’ as Leftists Seek to Pack the Court October 14, 2021
- Putin: $100 Oil Is “Quite Possible” October 14, 2021
- The Great New Normal Purge October 13, 2021
- Trump: ‘Republicans Will Not Be Voting’ in Future Elections Unless 2020 Fraud Resolved October 13, 2021
- Charles Hurt: Sorry Republican Swamp Creatures, the Trump Train Rolls On October 13, 2021
- Joe Biden Blames Private Companies for Port Delays October 13, 2021
- Stellar Demand For 30Y Auction As Curve Comes Crashing Down October 13, 2021
- FDA Says No Need For Boosters As Moderna, J&J Plead Case October 13, 2021
- 1,662,660 hits