Serving up Fun in the Time of Recovery: Margarita Crawl Showcases Unique Tequila Pairings
March 22, 2021 6:33 pm
Tags: Economy, Newport Beach, Orange County, pandemic, Regional-Local News, restaurants, shut down, Southern California, special events, US
Categories: Economy Epoch Times JoshWho News Newport Beach Orange County pandemic Regional-Local News restaurants shut down Southern California special events US
As restaurants across Orange County begin opening back up with limited capacity, they won’t be alone as they traverse the impact and economic fallout that government closures have had on the food and beverage industry.
The Orange County Restaurant Association (OCRA) is giving restaurateurs a boost in the arm it helps them to engage fun-seeking diners—while providing resources to cash-strapped business owners—via unique marketing and engagement initiatives.
This week’s “Margarita Crawl”, created by the OCRA well before the shutdowns, is now being used to stimulate recovery.
The event’s lead sponsor Tequila Herradura is one of several tequilas being used to showcase America’s most popular cocktail. Featured margaritas will be priced from $10 to $15, and each restaurant has a different selection of menu items specially paired with each.
Something for Everyone
The Margarita Crawl isn’t just featuring traditional Latin/Mexican restaurants. Since margaritas are popular everywhere in the southland, even Irish pubs and Italian eateries are in on the fun.
“Our goal has been to design events that engage every kind of diner with a variety of choices— whether you prefer to pick up your food and drinks to enjoy at home, order delivery or dine-in, there’s literally something for everyone,” said Pam Waitt, president of the OCRA. “We want everyone to feel included both restaurants and their patrons… and what is more fun than a hand-shaken margarita?”
So far, participating restaurants are giving the event a thumbs up.
At Muldoon’s Irish Pub in Newport Beach, normally known for its whiskeys and corned beef and cabbage, assistant general manager Corbin Campbell called the event a hit.
He told The Epoch Times that their signature hand-shaken “Spicy Sunday” margarita—made from tequila, muddled jalapeno, fresh pineapple and lime juice with a splash of agave, on the rocks with salt—“super popular with patrons”. Combined with an order of steak nachos made from both pub fries and traditional homemade corn chips, guests will think they’re south of the border instead of Dublin.
Not all of the restaurant industry paradigm shifts resulting from the COVID-19 shutdowns have been negative.
Waitt said that as a result of the popularity of cocktails to-go, many restaurants have invested in bottle capping machines.
“If the restaurants are able to provide what their clientele wants, they should be able to continue to derive the benefits of that revenue opportunity,” he said.
The Margarita Crawl runs through March 27.
- Could Biden Nominate Anti-Gun Activist David Chipman As “Gun Czar”? September 16, 2021
- COVID Hysteria Could Destroy A Generation September 16, 2021
- The Illusion Of Getting Rich While Producing Nothing September 16, 2021
- Report: John Durham Will Seek Indictment of Democratic Lawyer for Allegedly Lying to the F.B.I. During ‘Russian Collusion’ Investigation September 16, 2021
- Watch: Joe Biden Forgets Who He’s Talking To — Calls Australian PM ‘That Fella Down Under’ September 16, 2021
- Major UK Fertilizer Plants Shuttered Due To Skyrocketing Natural Gas Prices September 16, 2021
- Canada’s Conservatives Are Using Soaring Inflation To Help Defeat Trudeau September 15, 2021
- Mary Trump: Donald’s Entire Cabinet in ‘Dereliction of Its Duty’ for Not Invoking 25th Amendment September 15, 2021
- Bonds & Dollar Dump; Crypto Jumps As Debt-Ceiling Doubts Build September 15, 2021
- European Gas Prices Continue Parabolic Rise As EU Debates Nord Stream 2 Certification September 15, 2021
- Larry Elder, ‘Gracious in Defeat’: ‘We May Have Lost the Battle, but We Are Going to Win the War’ September 15, 2021
- Over Two-Thirds Of Businesses Worldwide Report Hiring Difficulties September 15, 2021
- WATCH – Gavin Newsom After Recall Victory: ‘We Said Yes to Science, We Said Yes to Vaccines’ September 15, 2021
- Gavin Newsom to Remain in Office; Democrats Want to Limit Future Recalls September 14, 2021
- Nikki Minaj Sparks MSM Meltdown After Suggesting Americans Think For Themselves About Vaccines September 14, 2021
- Nolte: Elites Violate Mask Mandate at Grotesque Met Gala September 14, 2021
- Biden, Newsom Continue Democrat Tradition of Blaming Climate Change for Wildfires September 14, 2021
- FBI Fires Lead Agent In Whitmer Kidnapping Case September 14, 2021
- Amnesty Alert: Bill ‘Blows Away All Numerical Limits’ on Employer-Based Green Cards — for an Entire Decade September 14, 2021
- A Father Speaks About the Death of his 16yr old son Ernest Ramirez Jr. after he received the COVID19 Vaccine September 13, 2021
- 1,659,671 hits