Seven Senate Republicans Vote to Convict Donald Trump, Two Flip Previous Vote
February 13, 2021 5:15 pm
Tags: 2020 Election, Ben Sasse, Bill Cassidy, Donald Turmp, impeachment, Lisa Murkowski, Mitt Romney, Pat Toomey, Politics, Richard Burr, Susan Collins
Categories: 2020 Election Ben Sasse Bill Cassidy Breitbart News Donald Turmp impeachment JoshWho News Lisa Murkowski Mitt Romney Pat Toomey Politics Richard Burr Susan Collins
Seven Senate Republicans voted to convict former President Donald Trump, even though he was ultimately acquitted in his second impeachment trial.
Trump was charged with inciting an insurrection on January 6, after a mob of his supporters stormed Capitol Hill as Congress began certifying the 2020 presidential election vote.
The Senate vote failed 57-43, failing to meet the two-thirds majority threshold need to convict the former president.
Seven Republicans joined Democrats in finding the former president guilty.
Here is the list:
- Sen. Richard Burr (R-NC)
- Sen. Bill Cassidy (R-LA)
- Sen. Susan Collins (R-ME)
- Sen. Ben Sasse (R-NE)
- Sen. Mitt Romney (R-UT)
- Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-AK
- Sen. Pat Toomey (R-PA)
Sens. Burr and Cassidy supported conviction, even though they voted with Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) in January on a motion that impeaching the president after leaving office was unconstitutional.
The only senator who voted in favor of convicting Trump who faces reelection next year is Murkowski.
Burr and Toomey have already said they would not run for re-election in 2022. Burr, Sasse, and Collins were re-elected for another six-year term in 2020. Romney won’t face re-election until 2024.
- Jan. 6th 2020 was 100% Staged. Meet FBI Informant Ray Epps The Fed-Protected Provocateur Who Appears To Have Led The Very First 1/6 Attack On The U.S. Capitol October 26, 2021
- FDA Panel Votes In Favor Of Pfizer Covid-19 Vaccine For Children Aged 5 – 11 October 26, 2021
- Democrats Stalking $5 Trillion In Billionaire Wealth For Tax Extraction October 26, 2021
- The Lost ‘Lockdown’ Months Of The COVID Crisis October 26, 2021
- Striking Workers Decry “Suicide Shifts” As Pandemic Burnout Takes Toll October 25, 2021
- Bidenflation Stole Christmas: Consumer Prices Up, Retail Spending Plans Not October 25, 2021
- EXCLUSIVE-Kevin McCarthy: Facebook Employees’ Leftist Narratives ‘Threatened’ by Breitbart Reporting October 25, 2021
- Thousands of NYC Workers March Across Brooklyn Bridge Protesting Vaccine Mandates: ‘F*ck Joe Biden!’ October 25, 2021
- Musk Tweets “Wild $T1mes!” After TSLA Joins ‘Four Commas’ Club October 25, 2021
- Musk Tops $250 Billion Net Worth After TSLA Rockets Past FB As 5th Biggest US Stock October 25, 2021
- Goldman Cut’s China’s 2022 GDP To Just 5.2% October 24, 2021
- ADL Warns: Avoid Culturally Insensitive, Gender-conforming Halloween Costumes October 24, 2021
- New Zealand Prime Minister Admits She Wants to Create Two Classes of Citizens Based on Vaccination Status October 24, 2021
- ‘The Richest He’s Ever Been’: Trump Set To Gain Billions In Net Worth On Moonshot SPAC October 24, 2021
- Washington Post ‘Forced to Admit They Lied’ After Pretending ‘F*ck Joe Biden’ Chant Was ‘Let’s Go, Brandon’ October 24, 2021
- Citigroup Becomes First Wall Street Megabank To Commit To “Racial Audit” October 24, 2021
- Gordon Chang: Joe Biden’s Taiwan Policy Is Now A Total Disaster October 23, 2021
- Pinkerton: Bidenflation Meets Bidenunemployment October 23, 2021
- President Biden Delays Release of JFK Assassination Records, Blaming Pandemic October 23, 2021
- CDC Director Admits “We May Need To Update Our Definition Of ‘Fully Vaccinated'” October 23, 2021
- 1,663,697 hits