Seven Senate Republicans Vote to Impeach Donald Trump, Two Flip Previous Vote
February 13, 2021 5:28 pm
Tags: 2020 Election, Ben Sasse, Bill Cassidy, Donald Turmp, impeachment, Lisa Murkowski, Mitt Romney, Pat Toomey, Politics, Richard Burr, Susan Collins
Categories: 2020 Election Ben Sasse Bill Cassidy Breitbart News Donald Turmp impeachment JoshWho News Lisa Murkowski Mitt Romney Pat Toomey Politics Richard Burr Susan Collins
Seven Senate Republicans voted to impeach former President Donald Trump, even though he was ultimately acquitted in his second impeachment trial.
Trump was charged with inciting an insurrection on January 6, after a mob of his supporters stormed Capitol Hill as Congress began certifying the 2020 presidential election vote.
The Senate vote failed 57-43, failing to meet the two-thirds majority threshold need to impeach the former president.
Seven Republicans joined Democrats in finding the former president guilty.
Here is the list:
- Sen. Richard Burr (R-NC)
- Sen. Bill Cassidy (R-LA)
- Sen. Susan Collins (R-ME)
- Sen. Ben Sasse (R-NE)
- Sen. Mitt Romney (R-UT)
- Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-AK
- Sen. Pat Toomey (R-PA)
Sens. Burr and Cassidy supported impeachment, even though they voted with Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) in January on a motion that impeaching the president after leaving office was unconstitutional.
The only senator who voted in favor of impeaching Trump who faces reelection next year is Murkowski.
Burr and Toomey have already said they would not run for re-election in 2022. Burr, Sasse, and Collins were re-elected for another six-year term in 2020. Romney won’t face re-election until 2024.
- International Space Station Briefly Destabilized After Accidental Russian Rocket Firing October 16, 2021
- Huge Dock Worker Protests In Italy, Fears Of Disruption, As Covid ‘Green Pass’ Takes Effect October 16, 2021
- Bovard: When Barack Obama Got Away With Murder October 15, 2021
- Rivera on Unvaccinated Kyrie Irving: ‘I Am Mad’ — ‘He’s Hurting Everybody’ October 15, 2021
- Joe Biden Wants Justice Department to Prosecute Trump Loyalists Defying Congressional Subpoenas October 15, 2021
- Flooding In West China Destroys Agricultural Production October 15, 2021
- Report: Hunter Biden Said Offer from Powerful Chinese Investor Had ‘Everything to Do with My Last Name’ October 15, 2021
- Bill Clinton Hospitalized For Infection That Spread To Bloodstream October 15, 2021
- Cryptos Surge On News SEC “Set To Allow” Bitcoin Futures ETF October 15, 2021
- Treasury Official Warns Using Stablecoins For Payments “Raises A Whole Set Of Issues” October 14, 2021
- Biden’s Court-packing Commission Blames Republicans for Polarization over Judiciary October 14, 2021
- Poll: Americans Are Increasingly Wary of Government Overreach Under Biden October 14, 2021
- Justice Breyer Calls SCOTUS ‘Fallible’ as Leftists Seek to Pack the Court October 14, 2021
- Putin: $100 Oil Is “Quite Possible” October 14, 2021
- The Great New Normal Purge October 13, 2021
- Trump: ‘Republicans Will Not Be Voting’ in Future Elections Unless 2020 Fraud Resolved October 13, 2021
- Charles Hurt: Sorry Republican Swamp Creatures, the Trump Train Rolls On October 13, 2021
- Joe Biden Blames Private Companies for Port Delays October 13, 2021
- Stellar Demand For 30Y Auction As Curve Comes Crashing Down October 13, 2021
- FDA Says No Need For Boosters As Moderna, J&J Plead Case October 13, 2021
- 1,662,664 hits