Stellar Demand For 30Y Auction As Curve Comes Crashing Down
After an ugly 3Y auction, and a solid 10Y sale yesterday, moments ago the Treasury sold $24BN in a 29 Year-10 month reopening of cusip SZ2 ahead of today’s Fed minutes. But if one thought investors would show any nerves about the coming taper in today’s auction, boy were they in for a surprise.
That’s because the auction was nothing short of spectacular: stopping at 2.049%, the auction stopped through the 2.062% When Issued by 1.3bps, which aside from last month’s 1.8bps stop, was the first non-tailing auction in 5. That said, it was the highest auction for the 30Y tenor since June’s 2.172, even if there was no concession in today’s session as a result of the sharp grind lower in yields on the long end if not the short one.
The Bid to Cover of 2.3595 was solid, and aside from September’s 2.486, was the highest since April; it was also above the 2.31% six-auction average.
The internals were more remarkable, however, and with Indirects taking down a near record 70.55% (the third highest ever), And Directs taking down 17.2%, or the same as last month, Dealers were left holding on to just 12.29%, the lowest on record!
In short, an absolutely stellar auction and one which appears to confirm that the bear flattening is here to stay because with every tick higher in short-term rates, the long end drops as the curve prepares to flatten and then invert ahead of the coming recession which the Fed will tighten right into.
- Stellar Demand For 30Y Auction As Curve Comes Crashing Down October 13, 2021
- FDA Says No Need For Boosters As Moderna, J&J Plead Case October 13, 2021
- Which War Is Beijing Preparing For? October 12, 2021
- Nancy Pelosi to Reporters: You ‘Could Do a Better Job Selling’ Biden’s Radical Agenda October 12, 2021
- Two Illegal Aliens Accused of Beating 28-Year-Old to Death at Restaurant October 12, 2021
- Father: Loudoun County Schools Hid Daughter’s Bathroom Assault by Boy Wearing Skirt October 12, 2021
- Memory-Chip Price “Correction” Underway, World’s Forth-Largest DRAM-Maker Warns October 12, 2021
- Peter Schiff: Stagflation Is Here! October 12, 2021
- Live Free Or Die: Why Medical Autonomy Matters October 11, 2021
- Mastrangelo: How Columbus Day Became a Holiday to Combat Racism Against Italian Americans October 11, 2021
- Pete Buttigieg Absent as Flight Delays Snarl Columbus Day Weekend Travel October 11, 2021
- Joe Biden Job Approval 10 Points Worse than Obama During Presidency October 11, 2021
- Von Greyerz: Will Gold Reach Unthinkable Heights? October 11, 2021
- China Prepares For Possible Large-Scale COVID-19 Outbreak: Leaked CCP Documents October 10, 2021
- US Arrests Navy Nuclear Engineer And Wife For Trying To Sell Submarine Secrets To Foreign Power October 10, 2021
- California to Require Free Period Products in Schools for ‘Menstrual Equity’ October 10, 2021
- California Man Allegedly Beaten to Death by Group After Driving Truck Towards Host of People on Sidewalk October 10, 2021
- Watch: McAuliffe Confronted on Claim 2000 Election Was Stolen — ‘I Wish’ SCOTUS Had Let Them Finish Counting Votes October 10, 2021
- Robinhood Insiders Speed Up Stock Sales Days After New Risk Disclosures Relating To Crypto And Payment For Order Flow October 10, 2021
- 750 Bases In 80 Countries Is Too Many For Any Nation: Time For The US To Bring Its Troops Home October 9, 2021
- 1,662,374 hits