Supreme Court Rejects Efforts to Depose Hillary Clinton over Email Server
March 29, 2021 5:35 pm
Tags: Hillary Clinton, Judicial Watch, Judicial Watch v. U.S. Department of Justice, law and order, Politics, Pre-Viral, State Department, Supreme Court
Categories: Breitbart News Hillary Clinton JoshWho News Judicial Watch Judicial Watch v. U.S. Department of Justice law and order Politics Pre-Viral State Department Supreme Court
The U.S. Supreme Court on Monday denied efforts to require former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton to face a deposition over her unsecured email setup while she served in the Obama administration.
In an unsigned order issued with no comment, the justices denied an appeal from the conservative legal group Judicial Watch, mainly keeping in place a federal appeals court ruling from last August which stated that Clinton could not be forced to sit for a deposition.
Judicial Watch had wanted to depose Clinton, her aide Cheryl Mills, and other State Department employees over Clinton’s use of an unsecured personal email server — even for classified information — in a case seeking public access to State Department emails.
Clinton’s emails were subject to multiple investigations, including an FBI investigation which declined to charge her with violating federal record-keeping requirements or other crimes, despite clear evidence of violations.
Clinton’s emails were a major political issue in her failed 2016 bid against former President Donald Trump.
Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton issued a statement accusing the court of upholding a “double standard” and undermining faith in public institutions.
“Hillary Clinton ignored the law but received special protection from both the courts and law enforcement,” he said. “For countless Americans, this double standard of justice has destroyed confidence in the fair administration of justice.”
This case is Judicial Watch Inc. v. Clinton, No. 20-1051 in the Supreme Court of the United States.
- International Space Station Briefly Destabilized After Accidental Russian Rocket Firing October 16, 2021
- Huge Dock Worker Protests In Italy, Fears Of Disruption, As Covid ‘Green Pass’ Takes Effect October 16, 2021
- Bovard: When Barack Obama Got Away With Murder October 15, 2021
- Rivera on Unvaccinated Kyrie Irving: ‘I Am Mad’ — ‘He’s Hurting Everybody’ October 15, 2021
- Joe Biden Wants Justice Department to Prosecute Trump Loyalists Defying Congressional Subpoenas October 15, 2021
- Flooding In West China Destroys Agricultural Production October 15, 2021
- Report: Hunter Biden Said Offer from Powerful Chinese Investor Had ‘Everything to Do with My Last Name’ October 15, 2021
- Bill Clinton Hospitalized For Infection That Spread To Bloodstream October 15, 2021
- Cryptos Surge On News SEC “Set To Allow” Bitcoin Futures ETF October 15, 2021
- Treasury Official Warns Using Stablecoins For Payments “Raises A Whole Set Of Issues” October 14, 2021
- Biden’s Court-packing Commission Blames Republicans for Polarization over Judiciary October 14, 2021
- Poll: Americans Are Increasingly Wary of Government Overreach Under Biden October 14, 2021
- Justice Breyer Calls SCOTUS ‘Fallible’ as Leftists Seek to Pack the Court October 14, 2021
- Putin: $100 Oil Is “Quite Possible” October 14, 2021
- The Great New Normal Purge October 13, 2021
- Trump: ‘Republicans Will Not Be Voting’ in Future Elections Unless 2020 Fraud Resolved October 13, 2021
- Charles Hurt: Sorry Republican Swamp Creatures, the Trump Train Rolls On October 13, 2021
- Joe Biden Blames Private Companies for Port Delays October 13, 2021
- Stellar Demand For 30Y Auction As Curve Comes Crashing Down October 13, 2021
- FDA Says No Need For Boosters As Moderna, J&J Plead Case October 13, 2021
- 1,662,665 hits