Survey: GOP Voters Are Most Concerned About Illegal Immigration to U.S.
February 25, 2021 9:22 pm
Tags: America First, asylum, catch and release, Coronavirus, economic nationalism, Economy, illegal immigration, immigration, Politics, Remain in Mexico" policy, Republicans
Categories: America First asylum Breitbart News catch and release Coronavirus economic nationalism Economy illegal immigration immigration JoshWho News Politics Remain in Mexico" policy Republicans
Republican voters are more concerned about illegal immigration to the United States than any other issue, including the economic damage caused by the Chinese coronavirus crisis, a new survey reveals.
A survey by Echelon Insights finds that above all other issues, illegal immigration concerns Republican voters the most.
When asked to rank issues by level of concern, nearly 6-in-10 Republicans said they are “extremely concerned” about illegal immigration, while 22 percent said they are “very concerned.” Another seven percent of Republicans said they are “somewhat concerned” about illegal immigration.
The second most concerning issue to Republicans is anti-law enforcement rhetoric. About 59 percent said they were extremely concerned about the issue, 20 percent said they were very concerned, and 14 percent said they were somewhat concerned.
The two issues, along with higher taxes on the middle class and liberal bias in the establishment media, are more concerning to Republican voters than even the economic damage spurred by the coronavirus crisis.
Republican voters’ concerns over illegal immigration come as President Joe Biden has ended the Remain in Mexico policy, restarted the Catch and Release program, and canceled cooperative asylum agreements with Central America.
The results have been a surge of illegal immigration at the southern border, amounting to a nearly 160 percent increase in border apprehensions compared to last year, and mass releases of border crossers into the U.S. interior without coronavirus testing requirements.
Likewise, Biden has issued memos that have dismantled interior immigration enforcement. The policies are likely to prevent 9-in-10 deportations of illegal aliens, creating a “sanctuary country” policy that shields most illegal aliens from arrest.
The Biden administration’s latest measure includes flying border crossers into the U.S. interior to undisclosed American cities where they are unlikely to be deported even if they are found to have an illegitimate asylum claim.
The survey included 1,005 U.S. voters and was conducted from February 12 to 18.
- Utah’s Largest Newspaper Calls For Unvaxxed To Endure Draconian Lockdowns Enforced By National Guard January 16, 2022
- Europe’s Spendthrifts Are Stuck In Irreversible Debt-Traps January 16, 2022
- For Leftists, Your Freedom Is Their Misery – Your Slavery Is Their Joy January 15, 2022
- Huge Crowd Attends Trump Rally in Arizona: ‘Nobody’s Ever Had a Movement Like This’ January 15, 2022
- EXCLUSIVE — Trump Will Call on Republicans to Increase ICE Officers to ‘Find, Detain, and Deport’ Every Illegal Alien Biden Let into USA January 15, 2022
- Save America Trump Rally Florence AZ Live Stream January 15, 2022
- How Goldman Is Convincing Its Clients Not To Freak Out About Fed Rate Hikes January 15, 2022
- FBI Frees Hostages at Texas Synagogue — Suspect Dead January 15, 2022
- Biden Forms New Task Force To Tackle Future COVID Variants January 15, 2022
- Sullivan: Chances That Russia Invades Ukraine “High” January 14, 2022
- Fully Vaccinated Australians In Hospital For COVID-19 Surpass Unvaccinated January 14, 2022
- ‘Where’s Our Reparations’: Suspect in Burger King Murder Demands Social Justice January 14, 2022
- House Republicans: Biden Protecting Illegal Aliens Who Overstayed Visas with ‘Sanctuary Country’ Orders January 14, 2022
- Nearly 4-in-10 Illegal Aliens Refusing Coronavirus Vaccine as Americans Hit with Mandates January 14, 2022
- Why Democrats Make Energy Expensive (And Dirty) January 14, 2022
- Watch: MSNBC’s Reid Again Calls For Denying Medical Care To The Unvaxx’d January 14, 2022
- Yachts To Be Exempt From EU’s Carbon Pricing Plan January 14, 2022
- Antony Blinken And A Gun At Your Head January 13, 2022
- Democrats Block Plan to Remove Foreign Nationals from Voter Rolls January 13, 2022
- Some Good News: Rents Have Finally Peaked As Rental Market Enters “Widespread Cooldown” January 13, 2022
- 1,673,156 hits