Three New COVID-19 Cases Linked to Worker in SA Quarantine Hotel
November 15, 2020 1:41 am
Tags: Adelaide, Australia, CCP Virus, COVID-19, Hospital, quarantine, South Australia, World
Categories: Adelaide Australia CCP Virus COVID-19 Epoch Times Hospital JoshWho News quarantine South Australia World
A woman in her 50s and man in his 60s were later tested and on Sunday also found to be infected.
“One of those people works in our medi-hotels,” said Spurrier.
“This is where we are considering the source to be.”
Spurrier said the infected trio has a very large family and four relatives were showing symptoms with test results expected later in the day.
The older woman lives independently not in an aged care facility and is now in isolation at the Royal Adelaide Hospital.
She is the mother of one of the younger pair, who are in a relationship.
Contact tracing is also underway for about 90 staff and patients at the Lyell McEwin Hospital who may have come into contact with the 80-year-old woman.
Spurrier said the woman also visited Parafield Plaza Supermarket in Adelaide’s north while infectious.
She urged any person who develops symptoms to immediately report for testing.
“I am expecting that we will have more cases. This is a wake-up call,” said Spurrier.
All staff working at SA’s quarantine hotels will now be required to undertake virus testing every seven days.
“It’s obvious that this is the highest risk in Australia right now is this risk of importation (of the virus) in our quarantine hotels,” Spurrier said.
The new rule includes police, nurses, concierge, cleaners and security guards.
A 30-year-old man in hotel quarantine who recently returned from overseas was also diagnosed with the virus on Sunday.
There are now 19 active COVID-19 cases in SA.
By Aaron Bunch
- Cuba Becomes First Country To Mass Vaccinate Children As Young As 2-Years Old September 20, 2021
- Ron DeSantis and 25 Republican Governors Demand Southern Border Crisis Meeting with Biden September 20, 2021
- White House: Illegal Aliens Do Not Need Proof of Vaccination Because ‘Not Intending to Stay’ September 20, 2021
- DHS Steps Up Removal Flights for Haitian Migrants at Border Bridge Camp September 20, 2021
- When The Levee Breaks… September 20, 2021
- If Only We Could Find A Cure For Trump Derangement Syndrome September 19, 2021
- The Fed Has Liquidated Its Entire Corporate Bond Portfolio September 19, 2021
- Report: Secondary Schools in Afghanistan Open Without Female Students or Teachers September 19, 2021
- U.S., Mexico Begin Removal Flights for Haitian Migrants September 19, 2021
- Report: Beto O’Rourke Eyes Political Comeback in Texas Gubernatorial Race September 19, 2021
- Rickards: No Recovery Until 2045? September 19, 2021
- Kadish: Is It Puppeteers Or Puppets In Control In Washington? September 18, 2021
- Hospital Staff That Decline COVID Vaccine For Religious Reasons Must Attest To Also Swearing Off Tylenol, Tums, & Other Common Meds September 18, 2021
- ‘Justice for J6’: Protesters Call for Due Process for Capitol Attack Detainees September 18, 2021
- Mexican State Cops Stop Buses with Caribbean Migrants Headed for Border, They Kept Walking September 18, 2021
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Venezuelan, Colombian Migrants Cross Border Upstream from Del Rio Migrant Camp September 18, 2021
- Could Biden Nominate Anti-Gun Activist David Chipman As “Gun Czar”? September 16, 2021
- COVID Hysteria Could Destroy A Generation September 16, 2021
- The Illusion Of Getting Rich While Producing Nothing September 16, 2021
- Report: John Durham Will Seek Indictment of Democratic Lawyer for Allegedly Lying to the F.B.I. During ‘Russian Collusion’ Investigation September 16, 2021
- 1,659,971 hits