Trump blasts Pence, urges violent Capitol protesters to be peaceful
January 6, 2021 3:03 pm
Tags: Donald Trump, election fraud, Elections, Electoral College, Featured, Nation, Politics, Protestors, us capitol
Categories: Donald Trump election fraud Elections Electoral College Featured JoshWho News Nation Politics Protestors Saraa Carter us capitol
Amid Trump supporters storming the U.S. Capitol and violently clashing with Capitol Police Wednesday, and following Vice President Mike Pence’s refusal to overturn President-elect Joe Biden’s Electoral College victory, President Donald Trump reacted on Twitter to the ongoing situation.
The violence has caused the Capitol to enter lockdown for the safety of lawmakers and staffers, according to multiple reports.
“Mike Pence didn’t have the courage to do what should have been done to protect our Country and our Constitution, giving States a chance to certify a corrected set of facts, not the fraudulent or inaccurate ones which they were asked to previously certify,” Trump tweeted Wednesday afternoon. “USA demands the truth!”
Minutes later, Trump urged his supporters to be peaceful, saying: “Please support our Capitol Police and Law Enforcement. They are truly on the side of our Country. Stay peaceful!”
Prior to the president’s pair of tweets, his eldest son Donald Trump Jr. condemned the violence.
“This is wrong and not who we are. Be peaceful and use your 1st Amendment rights, but don’t start acting like the other side,” Trump Jr. posted, retweeting a video of protesters clashing with police. “We have a country to save and this doesn’t help anyone.”
As the situation started to rapidly develop, Republican politicians denounced the actions of Trump’s supporters. Here is what some of them have stated:
You can follow Douglas Braff on Twitter @Douglas_P_Braff.
- Cascade Of Consequences July 26, 2021
- Tesla Q2 Earnings: China Remains Key, Questions Loom About Bitcoin, Batteries, Bailouts And The FSD Bait And Switch July 26, 2021
- World’s Food Supplies In Jeopardy Amid Climate Disasters July 26, 2021
- Gov. Abbott: Biden Admin’s Plan Is Catch and Release — Texas Plan Is Catch and Jail July 25, 2021
- Rubio Rips Biden Hypocrisy on Border, Cuba; Asks Where Forceful Don’t Come Message Was in Early Days of Presidency July 25, 2021
- Typhoon In-Fa Hits China’s East Coast, Forcing Container Ports To Close July 25, 2021
- Ninth Circuit: Gavin Newsom’s California Violated Private School Parents’ Rights with Shutdown July 25, 2021
- Previewing The Next Crisis: Spending Tumbles Among Households Cut Off From Unemployment Benefits July 25, 2021
- Maine Becomes First State To Charge Firms That Don’t Use Eco-Friendly Packaging Materials July 25, 2021
- Little Girl Seen in viral Video Getting Nipple Pinched by Joe Biden CONFIRMS Joe Did Pinch her nipple in front of the whole world July 25, 2021
- America Is Only One Step Away From A South African-Style Social Implosion July 24, 2021
- China Unveils World’s Fastest Maglev Bullet Train July 24, 2021
- Pinkerton: NYT Compares Biden’s Promised ‘Green Jobs’ to ‘Grueling’ Low-Wage Amazon and Uber Gigs July 24, 2021
- NFL to Fine Unvaccinated Players for Covid Protocol Violations July 24, 2021
- Colorado Monitoring Literal Plague Activity In At Least 6 Counties After Child Dies July 24, 2021
- Poll: Majority of Unvaccinated Indicate They Will Not Get the Jab July 24, 2021
- Live Trump Rally Today! Phoenix Arizona Watch Here July 24, 2021
- JPM Top Exec Mary Erdoes: “There’s A Reason” Junior Bankers Must Work 72 Hour Weeks July 24, 2021
- New Evidence shows COVID-19 was Deliberately Released by the Chinese Military July 24, 2021
- Bovard: The Coming “January 6” Train Wreck July 23, 2021
- 1,652,682 hits