Trump Met With NRSC Chair Rick Scott at Mar-a-Lago, Adamant in Opposing Murkowski
March 12, 2021 1:38 pm
Tags: Donald Trump, GOP, Mar-A-Lago, Politics, Republicans, Rick Scott, Trump, US
Categories: Donald Trump Epoch Times GOP JoshWho News Mar-A-Lago Politics Republicans Rick Scott Trump US
The meeting took place on the heels of a spat with the NRSC and the Republican National Committee (RNC) over the use of Trump’s name and likeness to raise funds, especially considering the committees’ ongoing support of incumbents who backed Trump’s impeachment. The group includes Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska), whom Trump vowed to oppose in the primary. During the dinner with Scott, Trump would not budge on opposing Murkowski, according to the adviser.
Politico was the first to report on the dinner.
Trump and Scott discussed candidate recruitment for the 2022 election and getting Trump’s support for specific incumbents, the Trump adviser confirmed. Scott mainly focused on finding the best candidate for the midterm elections and figuring out how to best work with Trump’s team.
In an interview with the Miami Herald ahead of the dinner, Scott said that he hoped to use the meeting to reinforce the need for Trump to work with the NRSC as Republicans look to win back their Senate majority next year.
“I want to be an additive, I want us all to row the boats in the same direction,” Scott said. “My goal is to tell [Trump] what I’m doing. I’ve talked to him, and he tells me he wants to be helpful to me. He’s committed to Republicans taking back a majority in the U.S. Senate.”
On Feb. 23, Scott swooped in to “cancel” a brewing GOP “cold war” after Trump issued a statement lambasting Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) in response to McConnell laying blame on Trump for the Jan. 6 Capitol riot. In his comeback speech on Feb. 28, Trump mentioned McConnell but did not attack the Kentucky Republican.
Jason Miller, a Trump adviser, told Steve Bannon’s War Room earlier this week that the brief dispute between Trump, the RNC, the NRSC, and the National Republican Congressional Committee over the use of Trump’s name and likeness has been resolved. When Bannon pressed Miller to explain how the spat is over if the committees are still supporting the incumbents who voted to impeach Trump, Miller said the committees are just following the bylaws. He nonetheless warned that Trump would quickly cease cooperating if the committees attacked any of the Republicans he endorses against the GOP members who voted for impeachment.
- Jan. 6th 2020 was 100% Staged. Meet FBI Informant Ray Epps The Fed-Protected Provocateur Who Appears To Have Led The Very First 1/6 Attack On The U.S. Capitol October 26, 2021
- FDA Panel Votes In Favor Of Pfizer Covid-19 Vaccine For Children Aged 5 – 11 October 26, 2021
- Democrats Stalking $5 Trillion In Billionaire Wealth For Tax Extraction October 26, 2021
- The Lost ‘Lockdown’ Months Of The COVID Crisis October 26, 2021
- Striking Workers Decry “Suicide Shifts” As Pandemic Burnout Takes Toll October 25, 2021
- Bidenflation Stole Christmas: Consumer Prices Up, Retail Spending Plans Not October 25, 2021
- EXCLUSIVE-Kevin McCarthy: Facebook Employees’ Leftist Narratives ‘Threatened’ by Breitbart Reporting October 25, 2021
- Thousands of NYC Workers March Across Brooklyn Bridge Protesting Vaccine Mandates: ‘F*ck Joe Biden!’ October 25, 2021
- Musk Tweets “Wild $T1mes!” After TSLA Joins ‘Four Commas’ Club October 25, 2021
- Musk Tops $250 Billion Net Worth After TSLA Rockets Past FB As 5th Biggest US Stock October 25, 2021
- Goldman Cut’s China’s 2022 GDP To Just 5.2% October 24, 2021
- ADL Warns: Avoid Culturally Insensitive, Gender-conforming Halloween Costumes October 24, 2021
- New Zealand Prime Minister Admits She Wants to Create Two Classes of Citizens Based on Vaccination Status October 24, 2021
- ‘The Richest He’s Ever Been’: Trump Set To Gain Billions In Net Worth On Moonshot SPAC October 24, 2021
- Washington Post ‘Forced to Admit They Lied’ After Pretending ‘F*ck Joe Biden’ Chant Was ‘Let’s Go, Brandon’ October 24, 2021
- Citigroup Becomes First Wall Street Megabank To Commit To “Racial Audit” October 24, 2021
- Gordon Chang: Joe Biden’s Taiwan Policy Is Now A Total Disaster October 23, 2021
- Pinkerton: Bidenflation Meets Bidenunemployment October 23, 2021
- President Biden Delays Release of JFK Assassination Records, Blaming Pandemic October 23, 2021
- CDC Director Admits “We May Need To Update Our Definition Of ‘Fully Vaccinated'” October 23, 2021
- 1,663,697 hits