Trump: ‘Republicans Will Not Be Voting’ in Future Elections Unless 2020 Fraud Resolved
Former President Donald Trump appeared to suggest on Wednesday that Republican voters would boycott future elections unless the alleged voter fraud of the 2020 election is resolved.
“If we don’t solve the Presidential Election Fraud of 2020 (which we have thoroughly and conclusively documented), Republicans will not be voting ’22 or ’24,” he said. “It is the single most important thing for Republicans to do.”
Trump just threatened to have Republican voters stay home in 2022 and 2024 unless the party is able to “solve” (by which he seems to mean overturn) the result of the last presidential election, which he lost. pic.twitter.com/sHvXHrKZtH
— Sahil Kapur (@sahilkapur) October 13, 2021
Leading up to the Georgia senate election earlier this year, President Trump strongly pushed the voter fraud angle, which possibly led to Republicans staying home on election day, contributing to Sen. Raphael Warnock’s (D-GA) and Sen. Jon Ossoff’s (D-GA) victories. As the Washington Post noted:
A historic Democratic sweep in Georgia’s U.S. Senate runoffs rested in large part on half a million voters who stayed home, and on black voters who did not, according to preliminary results.
With control of the Senate at stake, following unprecedented campaign spending and with both President Trump and President-elect Joe Biden rallying for support, fewer people voted across the state. Runoffs often draw fewer voters, and this time the drop from the November general election amounted to about one voter in eight.
But turnout in Republican strongholds dropped by more. And differences across the state highlight the key role of black voters who powered the sweep.
President Trump has not yet committed to running in 2024, though he has strongly hinted at it in interviews and speeches. Speculation of a 2024 run was further heightened this past weekend when the president held a rally in Iowa, a state he won handily in 2020 – 53.1 percent to Biden’s 44.9 percent.
- Trump: ‘Republicans Will Not Be Voting’ in Future Elections Unless 2020 Fraud Resolved October 13, 2021
- Charles Hurt: Sorry Republican Swamp Creatures, the Trump Train Rolls On October 13, 2021
- Joe Biden Blames Private Companies for Port Delays October 13, 2021
- Stellar Demand For 30Y Auction As Curve Comes Crashing Down October 13, 2021
- FDA Says No Need For Boosters As Moderna, J&J Plead Case October 13, 2021
- Which War Is Beijing Preparing For? October 12, 2021
- Nancy Pelosi to Reporters: You ‘Could Do a Better Job Selling’ Biden’s Radical Agenda October 12, 2021
- Two Illegal Aliens Accused of Beating 28-Year-Old to Death at Restaurant October 12, 2021
- Father: Loudoun County Schools Hid Daughter’s Bathroom Assault by Boy Wearing Skirt October 12, 2021
- Memory-Chip Price “Correction” Underway, World’s Forth-Largest DRAM-Maker Warns October 12, 2021
- Peter Schiff: Stagflation Is Here! October 12, 2021
- Live Free Or Die: Why Medical Autonomy Matters October 11, 2021
- Mastrangelo: How Columbus Day Became a Holiday to Combat Racism Against Italian Americans October 11, 2021
- Pete Buttigieg Absent as Flight Delays Snarl Columbus Day Weekend Travel October 11, 2021
- Joe Biden Job Approval 10 Points Worse than Obama During Presidency October 11, 2021
- Von Greyerz: Will Gold Reach Unthinkable Heights? October 11, 2021
- China Prepares For Possible Large-Scale COVID-19 Outbreak: Leaked CCP Documents October 10, 2021
- US Arrests Navy Nuclear Engineer And Wife For Trying To Sell Submarine Secrets To Foreign Power October 10, 2021
- California to Require Free Period Products in Schools for ‘Menstrual Equity’ October 10, 2021
- California Man Allegedly Beaten to Death by Group After Driving Truck Towards Host of People on Sidewalk October 10, 2021
- 1,662,398 hits