Twitter Sues Texas AG Ken Paxton, Claims ‘Retaliation’ Over Trump Ban
March 9, 2021 1:21 pm
Tags: Donald Trump, Economy, Free Speech Online, Ken Paxton, Masters of the Universe, Politics, Tech, Texas, Twitter
Categories: Breitbart News Donald Trump Economy Free Speech Online JoshWho News Ken Paxton Masters of the Universe Politics Tech Texas Twitter
Twitter has filed a lawsuit against Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton, alleging that Paxton used his office to retaliate against Twitter for blacklisting former President Donald Trump. Twitter describes the banning of the President of the United States as an “editorial decision” with which Paxton “disagrees.”
The Washington Times reports that the social media site Twitter has filed a lawsuit against Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton, alleging that Paxton used his office to retaliate against the website for blacklisting former President Donald Trump.
Paxton announced shortly after the ban that an investigation into Twitter and four other major tech firms would take place for what he referred to as “the seemingly coordinated de-platforming of the President.” The attorney general’s office demanded that the tech firm produce a number of records relating to their content moderation policies and other internal communications.
When launching his investigation into tech firms following the banning of President Trump, Paxton stated that the companies sudden removal of the former President “chills free speech” and “wholly silences” any wh disagree with them.
On Monday, Twitter filed a federal lawsuit alleging that Paxton was attempting to punish the website for taking former President Trump’s account offline. Twitter is asking a judge to declare their decision to ban Trump as protected under the First Amendment and halting Paxton’s investigation.
Twitter’s lawyers wrote in a suit filed in a Northern California court: “Paxton made clear that he will use the full weight of his office, including his expansive investigatory powers, to retaliate against Twitter for having made editorial decisions with which he disagrees.”
Paxton led 10 Republican attorneys general in suing Google in December for allegedly running an illegal digital-advertising monopoly alongside Facebook. Republican politicians in almost two dozen states have also introduced bills that would allow for civil lawsuits against platforms for censorship of certain posts.
- Nomura: Here Comes ‘The Big One’ January 26, 2022
- Welsh Businesses Demand Vaccine Passport Exemptions After Government Fails To Prove They Work January 26, 2022
- Watch: Mass Release Of ‘Single Adult Migrants’ Into Small Texas Town January 25, 2022
- Marsha Blackburn on ‘Red-Handed’: ‘Communist China Loves Biden’ January 25, 2022
- Biden Family Planned to Share Office Space with Company Employing ‘F**king Spy Chief of China’ January 25, 2022
- Kid Rock Rips Biden, Fauci in ‘We the People’ Anthem: ‘Let’s Go Brandon’ January 25, 2022
- ‘Deja Vu All Over Again’ As Stocks Dump’n’Pump Again Ahead Of Fed January 25, 2022
- IMF Slashes Global GDP Growth To 4.4% In 2022, Warns On Aggressive Fed Tightening January 25, 2022
- WHO Chief Says Europe Moving Towards Pandemic “Endgame” January 25, 2022
- Pinkerton: Biden by the Numbers – the Data of Failure January 24, 2022
- New Study Finds CFA Charterholders Are Actually Worse At Investing January 24, 2022
- ‘Red-Handed’ Reveals Chinese Donations to University of Pennsylvania Soared After Biden Center Announcement January 24, 2022
- HOT MIC: Joe Biden Calls Fox News Reporter ‘Stupid Son of a B***h’ over Inflation Question January 24, 2022
- Top Ukrainian Says Americans ‘Safer In Kyiv Than Los Angeles’ After State Department Withdrawal January 24, 2022
- Activist Investor Calls On Peloton To Fire CEO And Prep For Sale January 24, 2022
- New Zealand’s Jacinda Ardern Cancels Wedding After Ordering New Omicron Restrictions January 24, 2022
- Fed’s Huge Problem: Main Street Does Not Believe The Fed’s & Wall Street’s Inflation Forecasts January 23, 2022
- Schweizer: Biden Family Received ‘Some $31 Million’ from Individuals Linked to ‘Highest Levels of Chinese Intelligence’ January 23, 2022
- Exclusive– Sam Nunberg: Biden Abandoned Ukraine for Cutting Off Hunter January 23, 2022
- Liz Cheney Loses Wyoming Straw Poll to Trump-Backed Harriet Hageman January 23, 2022
- 1,674,241 hits