Victorian Police Minister to Undergo Surgery
Victorian Police Minister Lisa Neville will undergo surgery due to her worsening condition as a result of complications associated with Crohn’s disease.
The senior MP spent two-and-a-half weeks in hospital in February hoping to avoid going under the knife.
However, an intensive regime of biological drugs and three weeks of convalescence has left her still unwell, according to a series of tests including an MRI.
“As a result, my doctors have indicated that the only effective treatment now is surgery,” Neville said on Saturday. “On Tuesday I will be readmitted to hospital to undergo a small bowel resection.”
The “significant operation” will require up to 12 weeks’ recovery, meaning she will not return to her portfolios of police and emergency services, and water until the end of June.
Her scheduled absence follows that of Premier Daniel Andrews who is not expected back at his desk until the end of this month after damaging his spinal cord at a Mornington Peninsula holiday home on March 9.
“Although it is disappointing and always concerning to have part of your bowel removed, for many who have Crohn’s this can result in a period of remission and enable people to return after recovery to normal life and work,” Neville said.
“I have every confidence in my medical team and the nursing support at the hospital that this surgery will give me the chance to achieve this.”
There is no word yet on who will cover her duties during her absence.
- When The Levee Breaks… September 20, 2021
- If Only We Could Find A Cure For Trump Derangement Syndrome September 19, 2021
- The Fed Has Liquidated Its Entire Corporate Bond Portfolio September 19, 2021
- Report: Secondary Schools in Afghanistan Open Without Female Students or Teachers September 19, 2021
- U.S., Mexico Begin Removal Flights for Haitian Migrants September 19, 2021
- Report: Beto O’Rourke Eyes Political Comeback in Texas Gubernatorial Race September 19, 2021
- Rickards: No Recovery Until 2045? September 19, 2021
- Kadish: Is It Puppeteers Or Puppets In Control In Washington? September 18, 2021
- Hospital Staff That Decline COVID Vaccine For Religious Reasons Must Attest To Also Swearing Off Tylenol, Tums, & Other Common Meds September 18, 2021
- ‘Justice for J6’: Protesters Call for Due Process for Capitol Attack Detainees September 18, 2021
- Mexican State Cops Stop Buses with Caribbean Migrants Headed for Border, They Kept Walking September 18, 2021
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Venezuelan, Colombian Migrants Cross Border Upstream from Del Rio Migrant Camp September 18, 2021
- Could Biden Nominate Anti-Gun Activist David Chipman As “Gun Czar”? September 16, 2021
- COVID Hysteria Could Destroy A Generation September 16, 2021
- The Illusion Of Getting Rich While Producing Nothing September 16, 2021
- Report: John Durham Will Seek Indictment of Democratic Lawyer for Allegedly Lying to the F.B.I. During ‘Russian Collusion’ Investigation September 16, 2021
- Watch: Joe Biden Forgets Who He’s Talking To — Calls Australian PM ‘That Fella Down Under’ September 16, 2021
- Major UK Fertilizer Plants Shuttered Due To Skyrocketing Natural Gas Prices September 16, 2021
- Canada’s Conservatives Are Using Soaring Inflation To Help Defeat Trudeau September 15, 2021
- Mary Trump: Donald’s Entire Cabinet in ‘Dereliction of Its Duty’ for Not Invoking 25th Amendment September 15, 2021
- 1,659,904 hits