Victorians Free to Enter South Australia Without Needing to Quarantine
November 30, 2020 9:53 pm
Tags: Australia, COVID-19, International, parafield cluster, quarantine, South Australia, World
Categories: Australia COVID-19 Epoch Times International JoshWho News parafield cluster quarantine South Australia World
The announcement comes as SA also lifts some local COVID-19 restrictions on Tuesday. The restrictions were introduced after the latest outbreak in the Adelaide suburb of Parafield which was sparked after a security guard for the hotel quarantine contracted COVID-19 from a returned traveller. The Parafield outbreak now stands at 33 cases on Monday.
“This will be a huge relief to people as we head into December,” Premier Steven Marshall said.
Capacity limits will now also be removed for SA pubs, restaurants and hospitality venues provided that venues are using new QR checking codes—although the four-square metre rule for each person will still apply.
Police Commissioner Grant Stevens said the technology would give SA Health access to data necessary for contact tracing on a 24-hour basis, but police would not be able to access the data.
The data would also only be kept for 28 days before being discarded.
“This is our ammunition to attack any sort of outbreak so we can start contact tracing immediately,” Stevens said.
The density requirement for outdoor activities and venues where stand-up consumption is allowed will be reduced to one person to every two square metres.
Funerals, wedding and other private events would allow up to 150 patrons, while home gatherings continue to be restricted to 10 people.
Cinemas and theatres will be allowed to operate at up to 50 per cent capacity while gyms and swimming centres can also open.
The news comes on the heels of South Australian authorities issuing a public apology to the man they accused of breaching quarantine while being infectious.
It was later revealed that he was a casual contact, meaning he was considered at a lower risk of contracting the virus and not required to self-isolate.
Authorities said the man “did nothing wrong”, yet advised people who visited some certain shops to get tested.
“We are not about blaming individuals here; we are about making sure people go and get tested,” Deputy Chief Public Health Officer Emily Kirkpatrick said.
About 1300 people remain in quarantine or home isolation in the Southern Australian state.
With the scrapping the Victorian border rules, SA is now open to travellers from every state and territory as well as those from New Zealand.
AAP contributed to this article.
- Cuba Becomes First Country To Mass Vaccinate Children As Young As 2-Years Old September 20, 2021
- Ron DeSantis and 25 Republican Governors Demand Southern Border Crisis Meeting with Biden September 20, 2021
- White House: Illegal Aliens Do Not Need Proof of Vaccination Because ‘Not Intending to Stay’ September 20, 2021
- DHS Steps Up Removal Flights for Haitian Migrants at Border Bridge Camp September 20, 2021
- When The Levee Breaks… September 20, 2021
- If Only We Could Find A Cure For Trump Derangement Syndrome September 19, 2021
- The Fed Has Liquidated Its Entire Corporate Bond Portfolio September 19, 2021
- Report: Secondary Schools in Afghanistan Open Without Female Students or Teachers September 19, 2021
- U.S., Mexico Begin Removal Flights for Haitian Migrants September 19, 2021
- Report: Beto O’Rourke Eyes Political Comeback in Texas Gubernatorial Race September 19, 2021
- Rickards: No Recovery Until 2045? September 19, 2021
- Kadish: Is It Puppeteers Or Puppets In Control In Washington? September 18, 2021
- Hospital Staff That Decline COVID Vaccine For Religious Reasons Must Attest To Also Swearing Off Tylenol, Tums, & Other Common Meds September 18, 2021
- ‘Justice for J6’: Protesters Call for Due Process for Capitol Attack Detainees September 18, 2021
- Mexican State Cops Stop Buses with Caribbean Migrants Headed for Border, They Kept Walking September 18, 2021
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Venezuelan, Colombian Migrants Cross Border Upstream from Del Rio Migrant Camp September 18, 2021
- Could Biden Nominate Anti-Gun Activist David Chipman As “Gun Czar”? September 16, 2021
- COVID Hysteria Could Destroy A Generation September 16, 2021
- The Illusion Of Getting Rich While Producing Nothing September 16, 2021
- Report: John Durham Will Seek Indictment of Democratic Lawyer for Allegedly Lying to the F.B.I. During ‘Russian Collusion’ Investigation September 16, 2021
- 1,659,971 hits