VIDEO: PA candidate running to be first black female GOP senator
April 6, 2021 5:17 pm
Tags: 2022 midterms, black, Elections, Featured, Kathy Barnette, Nation, Pennsylvania, Politics, Senate
Categories: 2022 midterms black Elections Featured JoshWho News Kathy Barnette Nation Pennsylvania Politics Saraa Carter Senate
Former congressional candidate and conservative commentator Kathy Barnette has jumped into Pennsylvania‘s 2022 U.S. Senate election, hoping to become the first black female Republican senator.
In a campaign announcement video posted to her Twitter on Tuesday, she can be seen walking in the Civil War battlefield of Gettysburg and talking about what that place means to her. In the video, Barnette—who, according to her website, served for 10 years in the Armed Forces Reserves—also took swipes at President Joe Biden and “cancel culture”.
While noting in the video the progress that have been made for Black Americans in this country, Barnette said, “But there are still deeply personal and demeaning hurdles we must overcome, because now the issue isn’t just for someone who looks like me, but it is for people who think like me as well.”
“People like me are being canceled, bullied, fired, threatened, and deplatformed,” she continued, adding: “We’re told that Black lives matter—except, of course, my Black life because I’m a Black conservative.”
“And by the way, Joe, just because I believe in competent leadership doesn’t mean ‘I ain’t Black!’,” she wrote on Twitter, referencing the president’s infamous comment from the 2020 campaign trail that if Black voters don’t vote for him, then they “ain’t Black”.
Barnette was previously the GOP’s 2020 nominee for Pennsylvania’s fourth congressional district, but lost.
Currently, there is only one Black GOP senator: South Carolina Sen. Tim Scott.
Notably, Scott recently defended his comments that “woke supremacy” is worse than white supremacy and said “I am proud to be both a Black man and a Republican” when discussing those who have attacked him for being both.
You can follow Douglas Braff on Twitter @DouglasPBraff.
- When The Levee Breaks… September 20, 2021
- If Only We Could Find A Cure For Trump Derangement Syndrome September 19, 2021
- The Fed Has Liquidated Its Entire Corporate Bond Portfolio September 19, 2021
- Report: Secondary Schools in Afghanistan Open Without Female Students or Teachers September 19, 2021
- U.S., Mexico Begin Removal Flights for Haitian Migrants September 19, 2021
- Report: Beto O’Rourke Eyes Political Comeback in Texas Gubernatorial Race September 19, 2021
- Rickards: No Recovery Until 2045? September 19, 2021
- Kadish: Is It Puppeteers Or Puppets In Control In Washington? September 18, 2021
- Hospital Staff That Decline COVID Vaccine For Religious Reasons Must Attest To Also Swearing Off Tylenol, Tums, & Other Common Meds September 18, 2021
- ‘Justice for J6’: Protesters Call for Due Process for Capitol Attack Detainees September 18, 2021
- Mexican State Cops Stop Buses with Caribbean Migrants Headed for Border, They Kept Walking September 18, 2021
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Venezuelan, Colombian Migrants Cross Border Upstream from Del Rio Migrant Camp September 18, 2021
- Could Biden Nominate Anti-Gun Activist David Chipman As “Gun Czar”? September 16, 2021
- COVID Hysteria Could Destroy A Generation September 16, 2021
- The Illusion Of Getting Rich While Producing Nothing September 16, 2021
- Report: John Durham Will Seek Indictment of Democratic Lawyer for Allegedly Lying to the F.B.I. During ‘Russian Collusion’ Investigation September 16, 2021
- Watch: Joe Biden Forgets Who He’s Talking To — Calls Australian PM ‘That Fella Down Under’ September 16, 2021
- Major UK Fertilizer Plants Shuttered Due To Skyrocketing Natural Gas Prices September 16, 2021
- Canada’s Conservatives Are Using Soaring Inflation To Help Defeat Trudeau September 15, 2021
- Mary Trump: Donald’s Entire Cabinet in ‘Dereliction of Its Duty’ for Not Invoking 25th Amendment September 15, 2021
- 1,659,909 hits