VIDEO: PA candidate running to be first black female GOP senator
April 6, 2021 5:17 pm
Tags: 2022 midterms, black, Elections, Featured, Kathy Barnette, Nation, Pennsylvania, Politics, Senate
Categories: 2022 midterms black Elections Featured JoshWho News Kathy Barnette Nation Pennsylvania Politics Saraa Carter Senate
Former congressional candidate and conservative commentator Kathy Barnette has jumped into Pennsylvania‘s 2022 U.S. Senate election, hoping to become the first black female Republican senator.
In a campaign announcement video posted to her Twitter on Tuesday, she can be seen walking in the Civil War battlefield of Gettysburg and talking about what that place means to her. In the video, Barnette—who, according to her website, served for 10 years in the Armed Forces Reserves—also took swipes at President Joe Biden and “cancel culture”.
While noting in the video the progress that have been made for Black Americans in this country, Barnette said, “But there are still deeply personal and demeaning hurdles we must overcome, because now the issue isn’t just for someone who looks like me, but it is for people who think like me as well.”
“People like me are being canceled, bullied, fired, threatened, and deplatformed,” she continued, adding: “We’re told that Black lives matter—except, of course, my Black life because I’m a Black conservative.”
“And by the way, Joe, just because I believe in competent leadership doesn’t mean ‘I ain’t Black!’,” she wrote on Twitter, referencing the president’s infamous comment from the 2020 campaign trail that if Black voters don’t vote for him, then they “ain’t Black”.
Barnette was previously the GOP’s 2020 nominee for Pennsylvania’s fourth congressional district, but lost.
Currently, there is only one Black GOP senator: South Carolina Sen. Tim Scott.
Notably, Scott recently defended his comments that “woke supremacy” is worse than white supremacy and said “I am proud to be both a Black man and a Republican” when discussing those who have attacked him for being both.
You can follow Douglas Braff on Twitter @DouglasPBraff.
- Walmart Recalls Aromatherapy Spray Due To Presence Of Rare And Deadly Bacteria October 26, 2021
- Jan. 6th 2020 was 100% Staged. Meet FBI Informant Ray Epps The Fed-Protected Provocateur Who Appears To Have Led The Very First 1/6 Attack On The U.S. Capitol October 26, 2021
- Dave Chappelle Won’t Speak with Critics Unless They ‘Admit’ Comic Who Torched Netflix for Defending Him ‘Isn’t Funny’ October 26, 2021
- Men Shot by Kyle Rittenhouse Can Be Called ‘Rioters,’ ‘Looters,’ But Not ‘Victims,’ Judge Rules October 26, 2021
- United Nations Wants U.S. to Import More Afghans as Soros Aids Biden’s Resettlement October 26, 2021
- FDA Panel Votes In Favor Of Pfizer Covid-19 Vaccine For Children Aged 5 – 11 October 26, 2021
- Democrats Stalking $5 Trillion In Billionaire Wealth For Tax Extraction October 26, 2021
- The Lost ‘Lockdown’ Months Of The COVID Crisis October 26, 2021
- Striking Workers Decry “Suicide Shifts” As Pandemic Burnout Takes Toll October 25, 2021
- Bidenflation Stole Christmas: Consumer Prices Up, Retail Spending Plans Not October 25, 2021
- EXCLUSIVE-Kevin McCarthy: Facebook Employees’ Leftist Narratives ‘Threatened’ by Breitbart Reporting October 25, 2021
- Thousands of NYC Workers March Across Brooklyn Bridge Protesting Vaccine Mandates: ‘F*ck Joe Biden!’ October 25, 2021
- Musk Tweets “Wild $T1mes!” After TSLA Joins ‘Four Commas’ Club October 25, 2021
- Musk Tops $250 Billion Net Worth After TSLA Rockets Past FB As 5th Biggest US Stock October 25, 2021
- Goldman Cut’s China’s 2022 GDP To Just 5.2% October 24, 2021
- ADL Warns: Avoid Culturally Insensitive, Gender-conforming Halloween Costumes October 24, 2021
- New Zealand Prime Minister Admits She Wants to Create Two Classes of Citizens Based on Vaccination Status October 24, 2021
- ‘The Richest He’s Ever Been’: Trump Set To Gain Billions In Net Worth On Moonshot SPAC October 24, 2021
- Washington Post ‘Forced to Admit They Lied’ After Pretending ‘F*ck Joe Biden’ Chant Was ‘Let’s Go, Brandon’ October 24, 2021
- Citigroup Becomes First Wall Street Megabank To Commit To “Racial Audit” October 24, 2021
- 1,663,742 hits