Wearing a Mask, Joe Biden Signs Executive Order Mandating Masks on Federal Property
January 20, 2021 6:06 pm
Tags: 2020 Election, COVID, Joe Biden, masks, oval office, Politics, social distancing, White House
Categories: 2020 Election Breitbart News COVID Joe Biden JoshWho News masks oval office Politics social distancing White House
President Joe Biden signed an executive order on Wednesday to mandate that all individuals in the United States wear masks on federal property.
“It’s requiring as I’ve said all along, wherever I have authority, mandating that masks be worn and social distancing be kept on federal property, on interstate commerce, et cetera,” he said, speaking to reporters in the Oval Office on Wednesday evening after he was inaugurated.
The executive order on masks was the first of his presidency, as he has championed them as a critical way to save lives during the coronavirus pandemic.
The president wore a mask as he sat at the Resolute Desk in the Oval Office and signed several executive orders to roll back some of former President Donald Trump’s executive actions.
The order directs all federal agencies to comply with the Centers for Disease Control on guidance for mask-wearing and social distancing on federal lands. It also directs all federal employees and contractors to wear masks.
Biden does not have the authority to sign a federal mask mandate but has urged all states to follow his lead.
“These are all starting points,” Biden said.
- Syria Reports Israeli Missile Attack Near Capital, Damascus February 28, 2021
- Gov. Cuomo Addresses Sexual Harassment Allegations – Says He “May Have Been Insensitive” February 28, 2021
- Donald Trump Blasts Joe Biden’s ‘Anti-Science School Closures,’ Education for Migrants February 28, 2021
- Nunes Rips Strict Capitol Security Measures as ‘Hollywood Production Scene’ Meant to Vilify Republicans February 28, 2021
- Watch Live: Donald Trump Speaks at CPAC February 28, 2021
- Former President Trump, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis Win CPAC Straw Poll February 28, 2021
- Trump Wins CPAC Straw Poll February 28, 2021
- Iran Dismisses Idea of Talks With EU and US To Revive 2015 Nuclear Deal February 28, 2021
- Trump to Criticize Biden for Having ‘Most Disastrous First Month’ in CPAC Speech February 28, 2021
- Minneapolis Spends Nearly $2 Million on “City Approved Messaging” About George Floyd Trial February 28, 2021