Western Australia Records No New Cases Despite Breach
The Department of Health confirmed the state has just five active cases including three interstate travellers.
A 53-year-old West Australian man who flew to Perth from Queensland on Friday is set to face court for failing to obey health directions.
Police found him at Hotel Northbridge in the city’s entertainment district when he should have been quarantined in a state-provided hotel.
Bar management voluntarily closed the venue for cleaning on Saturday and police told customers to quarantine and get tested if necessary.
The man tested negative to coronavirus but Acting WA Police Deputy Commissioner Paul Steel delivered a firm message to people who attempt to flout the state’s hard border lockdown.
“People who disregard their quarantine requirement disrespect the community of Western Australia,” Steel said. “You should expect to be dealt with in accordance with the law.”
WA Police allege the man, who returned after a brief visit to family, arrived in Perth without applying to re-enter but was allowed in as he complained of non-COVID-19 symptoms upon arrival.
He was taken to hospital and after receiving treatment was told to wait for transport to hotel quarantine.
But instead, police say he left before his lift arrived and went to Hotel Northbridge after checking in at a nearby backpackers hostel.
He is now in hotel quarantine and will appear in court at a later date.
Earlier this week, WA authorities confirmed the state had gone 135 days without any confirmed community transmission under its strict hard border closures.
One new case was recorded on Monday with a man in his 50s in hotel quarantine testing positive after returning from overseas.
- Victor Davis Hanson: The Afghanistization Of America September 20, 2021
- Cuba Becomes First Country To Mass Vaccinate Children As Young As 2-Years Old September 20, 2021
- Ron DeSantis and 25 Republican Governors Demand Southern Border Crisis Meeting with Biden September 20, 2021
- White House: Illegal Aliens Do Not Need Proof of Vaccination Because ‘Not Intending to Stay’ September 20, 2021
- DHS Steps Up Removal Flights for Haitian Migrants at Border Bridge Camp September 20, 2021
- When The Levee Breaks… September 20, 2021
- If Only We Could Find A Cure For Trump Derangement Syndrome September 19, 2021
- The Fed Has Liquidated Its Entire Corporate Bond Portfolio September 19, 2021
- Report: Secondary Schools in Afghanistan Open Without Female Students or Teachers September 19, 2021
- U.S., Mexico Begin Removal Flights for Haitian Migrants September 19, 2021
- Report: Beto O’Rourke Eyes Political Comeback in Texas Gubernatorial Race September 19, 2021
- Rickards: No Recovery Until 2045? September 19, 2021
- Kadish: Is It Puppeteers Or Puppets In Control In Washington? September 18, 2021
- Hospital Staff That Decline COVID Vaccine For Religious Reasons Must Attest To Also Swearing Off Tylenol, Tums, & Other Common Meds September 18, 2021
- ‘Justice for J6’: Protesters Call for Due Process for Capitol Attack Detainees September 18, 2021
- Mexican State Cops Stop Buses with Caribbean Migrants Headed for Border, They Kept Walking September 18, 2021
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Venezuelan, Colombian Migrants Cross Border Upstream from Del Rio Migrant Camp September 18, 2021
- Could Biden Nominate Anti-Gun Activist David Chipman As “Gun Czar”? September 16, 2021
- COVID Hysteria Could Destroy A Generation September 16, 2021
- The Illusion Of Getting Rich While Producing Nothing September 16, 2021
- 1,659,973 hits