WH: Joe Biden Will NOT Rely on Congress to Implement Anti-Gun Laws
The White House has announced that President Joe Biden will bypass Congress and use his Department of Justice (DOJ) to implement his anti-gun agenda.
According to a fact sheet released on Wednesday, Joe Biden use the DOJ to publish model red flag “legislation,” address AR-pistols with stabilizer braces, and issue a rule to “stop the proliferation of ‘ghost guns.’”
Biden plans to put forward executive action on gun controls Thursday, and the fact sheet provides an outline detailing what those actions are likely to be.
According to the White House:
- The Justice Department, within 60 days, will publish model “red flag” legislation for states.
- The Justice Department, within 60 days, will issue a proposed rule to make clear when a device marketed as a stabilizing brace effectively turns a pistol into a short-barreled rifle subject to the requirements of the National Firearms Act.
- The Justice Department, within 30 days, will issue a proposed rule to help stop the proliferation of “ghost guns.”
Breitbart.com reports: The White House notes that Biden will also have “five federal agencies [make] changes to 26 different programs to direct vital support to community violence intervention programs as quickly as possible.” The White House made clear the agencies are acting where Congress has not: “These changes mean we can start increasing investments in community violence interventions as we wait on Congress to appropriate additional funds.”
The White House explained that the DOJ will also begin “[issuing] an annual report on firearms trafficking.” One of the goals of the report will be to guide “policymakers” in crafting new regulations (and laws) to institute over time.
The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) pushed to categorize AR-pistols with stabilizer braces in late 2020 then abandoned the effort amid public outcry.
On December 23, 2020, Breitbart News reported that the ATF withdrew their recategorization guidelines, but Biden’s push to have the DOJ refocus on AR-pistols appears to mean the recategorization push is receiving new life.
The purchase of AR-pistols categorized as “short-barreled rifles” could require being fingerprinted and photographed, as well as undergoing a background check, registering the firearm with the ATF, paying the federal government a $200 tax (on top of the price of the firearm), and waiting nine to ten months for the whole purchasing process to be completed. That is the standard process for other firearms and accessories under the purview of the National Firearms Act.
- Los Angeles Homeless Moving Back Onto Street After Cleanups September 24, 2021
- LIVE: Audit Report Released To AZ Senate in Phoenix, AZ 9/24/21 on JoshWho September 24, 2021
- DHS Secretary Alejandros Mayorkas Considers Eliminating Border Horse Patrol Citing ‘Systemic Racism’ September 24, 2021
- DHS Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas: We Did Not Test Haitian Migrants for Coronavirus Before Releasing Them into U.S. September 24, 2021
- Exclusive: Dan Crenshaw Says Some Democrats ‘Quietly’ Interested in Cutting Catch and Release for Illegal Aliens September 24, 2021
- Pentagon Belatedly Releases Name Of Misidentified “ISIS-K Target” Killed In Kabul Drone Strike September 24, 2021
- Chairman, CEO Of China’s HNA Group Arrested For “Suspected Crime” September 24, 2021
- The European Energy Crisis Is About To Go Global September 24, 2021
- Unbiased, Mobility-Enabling, Open, Global Network: How Crypto Enables Economic Freedom September 23, 2021
- Report: California Put Coronavirus-Infected Inmates, Including Illegal Aliens, into Communities September 23, 2021
- Gov. Newsom: Vaccine Mandate for Kids ‘on the Table’ September 23, 2021
- The Latest Coronavirus Death Tolls, According to the CDC September 23, 2021
- Submitting VAERS COVID Vaccine Death Reports became a Full Time Job and is Overwhelmingly Climbing in Deaths. September 23, 2021
- Molecular Biologist Speaks At Dawson Creek City Council Meeting. September 23, 2021
- Futures Rise On Taper, Evergrande Optimism September 23, 2021
- The Afghanistan Debacle Was A Major Wake Up Call For NATO September 23, 2021
- UBS Trader Sues Bank, Claims “Toxic Environment” Destroyed His Mental Health September 22, 2021
- RNC Challenges Joe Biden to Prove He Has Visited Southern Border Even Once in Past Decade September 22, 2021
- White House Blames Boris Johnson for Biden’s Snub of American Press in Oval Office September 22, 2021
- White House Does Not Know if Joe Biden Has Ever Visited Southern Border September 22, 2021
- 1,660,324 hits