White House: ‘Appropriate Precautions’ Taken During Trump’s COVID Drive-By
October 4, 2020 8:06 pm
Tags: 2020 Election, Coronavirus, Donald Trump, Health, Politics, Secret Service, SUV, Walter Reed, White House
Categories: 2020 Election Breitbart News Coronavirus Donald Trump Health JoshWho News Politics Secret Service SUV Walter Reed White House
The White House on Sunday reacted to the corporate media frenzy following the president’s SUV drive-by to see his supporters despite fighting COVID-19.
“Appropriate precautions were taken in the execution of this movement to protect the President and all those supporting it, including PPE,” White House Deputy Press Secretary Judd Deere said in a statement. “The movement was cleared by the medical team as safe to do.”
Critics of the president signaled alarm that the president traveled in an SUV with a member of the Secret Service, even though he was infected with COVID-19. Many suggested that the president was recklessly putting the Secret Service agent in danger.
Both the president and the Secret Service agent driving the SUV were wearing masks during the short trip on the road outside Walter Reed hospital.
The president waved to cheering supporters as the SUV drove slowly by the group of supporters.
The White House Correspondents Association was very upset that the president called a “lid” to the day’s activity earlier in the day and did not call the WHCA press pool of reporters to follow the president’s movements.
“It is outrageous for the president to have left the hospital — even briefly — amid a health crisis without a protective pool present to ensure that the American people know where their president is and how he is doing,” WHCA President Zeke Miller said in a statement. “Now more than ever, the American public deserves independent coverage of the president so they can be reliably informed about his health.”
- International Space Station Briefly Destabilized After Accidental Russian Rocket Firing October 16, 2021
- Huge Dock Worker Protests In Italy, Fears Of Disruption, As Covid ‘Green Pass’ Takes Effect October 16, 2021
- Bovard: When Barack Obama Got Away With Murder October 15, 2021
- Rivera on Unvaccinated Kyrie Irving: ‘I Am Mad’ — ‘He’s Hurting Everybody’ October 15, 2021
- Joe Biden Wants Justice Department to Prosecute Trump Loyalists Defying Congressional Subpoenas October 15, 2021
- Flooding In West China Destroys Agricultural Production October 15, 2021
- Report: Hunter Biden Said Offer from Powerful Chinese Investor Had ‘Everything to Do with My Last Name’ October 15, 2021
- Bill Clinton Hospitalized For Infection That Spread To Bloodstream October 15, 2021
- Cryptos Surge On News SEC “Set To Allow” Bitcoin Futures ETF October 15, 2021
- Treasury Official Warns Using Stablecoins For Payments “Raises A Whole Set Of Issues” October 14, 2021
- Biden’s Court-packing Commission Blames Republicans for Polarization over Judiciary October 14, 2021
- Poll: Americans Are Increasingly Wary of Government Overreach Under Biden October 14, 2021
- Justice Breyer Calls SCOTUS ‘Fallible’ as Leftists Seek to Pack the Court October 14, 2021
- Putin: $100 Oil Is “Quite Possible” October 14, 2021
- The Great New Normal Purge October 13, 2021
- Trump: ‘Republicans Will Not Be Voting’ in Future Elections Unless 2020 Fraud Resolved October 13, 2021
- Charles Hurt: Sorry Republican Swamp Creatures, the Trump Train Rolls On October 13, 2021
- Joe Biden Blames Private Companies for Port Delays October 13, 2021
- Stellar Demand For 30Y Auction As Curve Comes Crashing Down October 13, 2021
- FDA Says No Need For Boosters As Moderna, J&J Plead Case October 13, 2021
- 1,662,664 hits