Woke Journalists Compare Antifa Riots to D-Day Landings
June 6, 2020 9:12 pm
Tags: antifa, D-Day, London / Europe, Mara Liasson, Politics, Social Justice, Twitter, Vox, Washington Post
Categories: antifa Breitbart News D-Day JoshWho News London / Europe Mara Liasson Politics Social Justice Twitter Vox Washington Post
Several journalists and other woke blue-checks took to Twitter to claim the D-Day landings near Normandy, France 76 years ago are somehow like the Antifa-led riots.
“Biggest antifa rally in history,” Mara Liasson of National Public Radio claimed, sharing a tweet depicting the beaches where Allied troops landed in mainland Europe.
Biggest antifa rally in history. https://t.co/ypa46PvYx1
— Mara Liasson (@MaraLiasson) June 6, 2020
While the United States was, and still is “anti-facist” in principle, Antifa is rooted in communism, as counter-terrorism expert John Guandolo told The Kyle Olson Show this week.
Nevertheless, the sleight of hand persisted among the progressive media types on Saturday.
“Does Trump … does he realize the D-Day troops were antifa?” Aaron Rupar of Vox posted on Twitter, along with President Trump’s D-Day remembrance message.
Does Trump … does he realize the D-Day troops were antifa? https://t.co/LwtYXLeF7Z
— Aaron Rupar (@atrupar) June 6, 2020
Paul Farhi of the Washington Post also attempted to equate those demanding the defunding of police, overthrow of capitalism and ouster of Trump with the young men who sought to liberate Europe.
Friend points out on D-Day anniversary that the men who stormed the beaches of Normandy were the true and original antifa.
— Paul Farhi (@farhip) June 6, 2020
“Friends point out on D-Day anniversary that the men who stormed the beaches of Normandy were the true and original antifa,” he said.
Jordan Schachtel sought to bring a dose of reality to the journalists.
Antifa is explicitly a violent marxist terrorist group. They don’t hide this. It’s in their literature & actions. The idea they’re antifascists like the people who stormed beaches during d-day is an absolute farce. They r full blown communist radicals & so are their sympathizers.
— Jordan Schachtel (@JordanSchachtel) June 6, 2020
“Antifa is explicitly a violent marxist terrorist group. They don’t hide this. It’s in their literature & actions,” he wrote.
“The idea they’re antifascists like the people who stormed beaches during d-day is an absolute farce. They r full blown communist radicals & so are their sympathizers.”
Kyle Olson is a reporter for Breitbart News. He is also host of “The Kyle Olson Show,” syndicated on Michigan radio stations on Saturdays. Listen to segments on YouTube. Follow him on Twitter and like him on Facebook.
- WATCH: Pipeline worker: ‘The recent administration has taken my livelihood from me’ February 25, 2021
- UNICEF branch quietly stops publishing list of NGO partners after years of scrutiny February 25, 2021
- Jen Psaki Blames Trump Administration for Current Migrant Crisis February 25, 2021
- Canadian Pleads Guilty to Smuggling Sri Lankans Into US February 25, 2021
- De Blasio Calls for Probe to Investigate Gov. Cuomo Sexual Harassment Allegations February 25, 2021
- Georgia State Senate Passes Bill Requiring Photo ID for Absentee Voting February 25, 2021
- NIH Director Says ‘Overdoing It’ With Masking Is Better than Not Doing Enough February 25, 2021
- GOP Rep. Demands Biden Admin Disclose Secret Iran Talks with China February 25, 2021
- It’s ‘Potato Head’ to you: Mr. Potato Head becomes gender-neutral, Hasbro says February 25, 2021
- Biden Lifts Trump Policy That Froze Green Cards and Work Visas Due to Pandemic February 25, 2021