Woke Journalists Compare Antifa Riots to D-Day Landings
June 6, 2020 9:12 pm
Tags: antifa, D-Day, London / Europe, Mara Liasson, Politics, Social Justice, Twitter, Vox, Washington Post
Categories: antifa Breitbart News D-Day JoshWho News London / Europe Mara Liasson Politics Social Justice Twitter Vox Washington Post
Several journalists and other woke blue-checks took to Twitter to claim the D-Day landings near Normandy, France 76 years ago are somehow like the Antifa-led riots.
“Biggest antifa rally in history,” Mara Liasson of National Public Radio claimed, sharing a tweet depicting the beaches where Allied troops landed in mainland Europe.
Biggest antifa rally in history. https://t.co/ypa46PvYx1
— Mara Liasson (@MaraLiasson) June 6, 2020
While the United States was, and still is “anti-facist” in principle, Antifa is rooted in communism, as counter-terrorism expert John Guandolo told The Kyle Olson Show this week.
Nevertheless, the sleight of hand persisted among the progressive media types on Saturday.
“Does Trump … does he realize the D-Day troops were antifa?” Aaron Rupar of Vox posted on Twitter, along with President Trump’s D-Day remembrance message.
Does Trump … does he realize the D-Day troops were antifa? https://t.co/LwtYXLeF7Z
— Aaron Rupar (@atrupar) June 6, 2020
Paul Farhi of the Washington Post also attempted to equate those demanding the defunding of police, overthrow of capitalism and ouster of Trump with the young men who sought to liberate Europe.
Friend points out on D-Day anniversary that the men who stormed the beaches of Normandy were the true and original antifa.
— Paul Farhi (@farhip) June 6, 2020
“Friends point out on D-Day anniversary that the men who stormed the beaches of Normandy were the true and original antifa,” he said.
Jordan Schachtel sought to bring a dose of reality to the journalists.
Antifa is explicitly a violent marxist terrorist group. They don’t hide this. It’s in their literature & actions. The idea they’re antifascists like the people who stormed beaches during d-day is an absolute farce. They r full blown communist radicals & so are their sympathizers.
— Jordan Schachtel (@JordanSchachtel) June 6, 2020
“Antifa is explicitly a violent marxist terrorist group. They don’t hide this. It’s in their literature & actions,” he wrote.
“The idea they’re antifascists like the people who stormed beaches during d-day is an absolute farce. They r full blown communist radicals & so are their sympathizers.”
Kyle Olson is a reporter for Breitbart News. He is also host of “The Kyle Olson Show,” syndicated on Michigan radio stations on Saturdays. Listen to segments on YouTube. Follow him on Twitter and like him on Facebook.
- Report: ‘Fragile’ Democrats Face Dire 2022 Prospects October 18, 2021
- One Bank Reveals The Dismal Truth About The $150 Trillion Crusade Against Climate Change October 18, 2021
- State Department Inspector General Will Investigate President Biden’s Botched Afghanistan Pullout October 18, 2021
- Fraternal Uprising: College Students Reject ‘Surveillance State’ Coronavirus Restrictions October 18, 2021
- Colin Powell Died from COVID Booster Shot Complications at age 84— He Was Fully Vaccinated October 18, 2021
- Peter Schiff: Stock Up Now! Inflation Could Get Very Ugly October 18, 2021
- Investors Starting To Realize “Stagflation” Is A Problem October 18, 2021
- Beijing, Moscow, Ankara Push US Out Of Red Sea Dominance October 18, 2021
- WATCH– President Biden Violates Mask Mandate in D.C. October 17, 2021
- 40% Of California State Workers Are Unvaccinated Despite Newsom’s Order October 17, 2021
- Donald Trump Mocks Biden Corruption: ‘Hunter Has Inspired Me to Begin Painting’ October 17, 2021
- China Stuns U.S. Intelligence with Hypersonic Missile Test October 17, 2021
- Taibbi: Yes, Virginia, There Is A Deep State October 17, 2021
- Coal Generation In UK Jumps As Wind Speed Drops October 17, 2021
- David Hogg Rebuked Again, Youth Gun Sports Leagues See “Record-Setting” Participation October 16, 2021
- Report: Cori Bush Defends Defund Police Push While Spending $130,000 on Personal Security, Including Cops October 16, 2021
- Marlow: ‘A Semi-Responsible Media’ Would Constantly Press Buttigieg for any ‘Reasonable Explanation’ for Economic Problems October 16, 2021
- Poll: Joe Biden’s Job Approval Hits New Low at 36 Percent October 16, 2021
- International Space Station Briefly Destabilized After Accidental Russian Rocket Firing October 16, 2021
- Huge Dock Worker Protests In Italy, Fears Of Disruption, As Covid ‘Green Pass’ Takes Effect October 16, 2021
- 1,663,000 hits